chances of survival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chances of survival?

my friends tank leaked and he brought it over to my house like this, i dont kno what happened to it but its all messed up. wats the chance of him recovering from this? hes swiming normally slowly and stuff bkuz his tail is missing and has yet to eat. (first day in tank)

Fins grow back if the damage does not extend into the underlying tissue. Unfortunately it looks like some of this damage does. Given time and if it begins eating the fish should survive...it just won't ever return to what it once was.
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Looks pretty sad. I bet it was a great looking arrow in it's prime

Comment

Did you ask him what happened to the Arrow ? He surely couldn't have gotten that... beat up from a leaking tank.

Comment

arowana got messed up on the way here because he used a small net lol.

Comment

man, look at it's eyes, that fish looks like it was poorly taken care of before it was moved. It's hard to believe that this happened from using too small a net. some melafix, very clean water and some time should get him lookin better though
            ‎Haiku's are easy
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

Originally posted by muuunkeeyy View Post
              arowana got messed up on the way here because he used a small net lol.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that fish suffered that much damage due to being caugt with a small net. That fish is missing scales, a tail, and he looks to be bleeding a little.

Comment

*I deleted some posts here. Let's try to keep it constructive, okay?*

As for the fish....keep his water clean clean clean. I've seen fish come back from worse and become beautiful and thrive. Just make this fish a priority...or give it to someone who will make it a priority. He's got the potential to be amazing again.

Keep us posted!
                Our Fishhouse
                Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                  *I deleted some posts here. Let's try to keep it constructive, okay?*

give it to someone who will make it a priority. He's got the potential to be amazing again.
                  U][/U]
                  I'm sure there is somebody on this site that can help this fish. That is such a shame to see a pretty animal in that condition. Good luck.
                  If it ain't wild caught
                  You ain't doing it right

Comment

i once got a 3 inch flowerhorn that was in worse condition... almost no fins, lots of missing scales, dark ugly color, wouldnt eat, etc... after 2-3 weeks in a tank treated with melafix, salt, overkill filtration and overkill aeration, he started eating... after a couple months i noticed fins n scales were growing back... turned out real nice.. good luck bro

Comment

Working...
                    X