Just in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in...

I just got an availability list with a short bodied (balloon) albino bichir on it. If you see these in the stores try to resist...

I need to find a soft wall somewhere to beat my head against.
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Would that be bloat?

sunrise

Comment

Originally posted by marauder_77868 View Post
      I just got an availability list with a short bodied (balloon) albino bichir on it.
      Wow...

Sad day.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but what is bad about it? Does this mean that someone bred these for a bad trait or crossbred them to get them like this or ? I'm just curious...
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Originally posted by BeefyG View Post
          Pardon my ignorance but what is bad about it? Does this mean that someone bred these for a bad trait or crossbred them to get them like this or ? I'm just curious...
          +1
          300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

I think its because Charles is a purist and he doesnt like genetically altered fish in the trade hence his avatar
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I was looking around for pictures and found this thread on another forum. Apparently they've been around for some time. :(

The best quote, to explain Charles's (and my) feelings about this fish:

"Its not cute its rather disgusting to be honest,these fish have survived over 100 million years the way they are they have survived the breaking up of continents,drastic climate changes and mass extinctions only hope they can survive mankind-Anne"
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I think I get it.
                Last edited by BeefyG; 05-20-2010, 06:13 PM. Reason: Thunk it over.
                135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

I'll agree with MB and Charles on this one. I don't see why anyone would even want this deformity.
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I agree. That thing just doesn't look right. I was just surprised to find out that the balloon body style is a modification and not a variant. Of course I used to think the flowerhorn and blood parrot were a real species before I learned better.
                    135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

Working...
                    X