Pics of the 175g and the 90g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the 175g and the 90g

Thought I would post photos of both tanks now that I have them set up. The 175 is mostly S/A with some Rainbows and a few Platies left over from the cycle. 90g is set up African and has just a few little ones in it until after this weekend.

One of my DoJo's

Here is the 90 gallon, not sure if I am done with it or if I will add or take something away.

"I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

The 175g is pretty. I like the arrangement of plants and wood. The 90g needs some serious work though. None of the rocks match and the arrangement is very unnatural. I would choose one kind of rock and make two or three piles. Keep it natural. JUST MY OPINION.
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

Thank you for being honest. I got the black slate and "Carved" lava rock and was not please with either when I got them home. I was trying to make caves for everyone but I am just not sure what to do. Cant do much with the slate without something in between it and not sure the there is enough hole rock to do much with. Out of budget on decor so tell me what you would do with what I have to work with.
      "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

PS) help me out here guys with the 90g I promise I am not going to take any offence to what ideas you may have.

Comment

The 175g looks GREAT! I really like what you've done.

The 90g does seem a bit strange, just because the contrast of the three different types and colors of rocks doesn't really pull things together. I'm still thinking what I would do if I were you, though. Ahhh...isn't being on a budget wonderful??
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

The 175g looks GREAT! I really like what you've done.
            Thank you so much :-)

The 90g does seem a bit strange, just because the contrast of the three different types and colors of rocks doesn't really pull things together. I'm still thinking what I would do if I were you, though. Ahhh...isn't being on a budget wonderful??

I could handle it if I was out because I had spent it on fish but I found out this week I am going to have surgery in July. I wonder if I pulled out everything and just left the drift and the hole rock?

Comment

Hmm..let's see, if I were you..

1. Perhaps move the slate to one side, and have it form a shelf-like object, getting lower as it reached the middle, and you could mix the holey rock and lava rock, and do the same coming form the opposite side?

2. Or you could make kind of three piles, and add some fake plants?

3. Just group it around, until you find a design you really like.

Well, even if I make suggestions, none of them really make caves D:

I for one admire you for working hard to meet your fish's personal needs (caves, etc.) and I applaude you for it! I love it when people work harder to make it useful for the species, rather than just a beauty. I like it :)
              Currently fishless, but a proud mama to a musk turtle hatchling.

Comment

On the 90g I think the slate/lava would look ok together in a more jumbled pile maybe and then either remove the holey rock all together, or pile it on the other side/front corner...away from the lava/slate. The biggest clash to my eye is just the white with the darker colors. Besides, I like holey rock piles when you have smaller pieces.

I also think making more angles with the slate (instead of nice even caves) might look more natural as well.

Comment

Working...
                X