getting new floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting new floors

Putting in new flooring in my house and interested in knowing if there is a "safe" level of water to leave in a tank while moving them to another room. Taking up carpet and replacing with either wood laminate or tile. Will porcelain tile be the best for a room containg tanks to 50 gallon?

I would ask John...aka FshFrk...he does floors for a living.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Originally posted by TheOldMan View Post
      Putting in new flooring in my house and interested in knowing if there is a "safe" level of water to leave in a tank while moving them to another room.
      Do you mean "safe" as in safe for the tank, i.e. putting pressure on the seams and such?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheOldMan View Post
        Putting in new flooring in my house and interested in knowing if there is a "safe" level of water to leave in a tank while moving them to another room.
        We've moved lots of tanks -- from 10g up to 210g -- leaving the fish and 'some' water in, a short distance, and haven't popped any seams. The largest we've moved from one room to another leaving water in was a 110g and left about 20% water. We generally take the water level down as far as we need to make it light enough to move. Just go slow.
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
        X