Pacu with Koi ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pacu with Koi ?

Neat, Raul! I'd like to see them someday.

I've never owned one, but working at an LFS, you tend to get a lot of customers coming in saying, "Can you take this? I didn't know they got so big!" So I got to take care of them until they were sold. For some reason, ours were always really sweet and curious. But if you, the red devil keeper, say they're aggressive, then I listen!!  
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I will Not be putting the Pacu in with my koi.  I thank you for your suggestions and information.  The article was very interesting.  Thank you for taking the time to help out a amateur fish keeper.

Comment

Have you decided what you are going to do with them? Get a bigger tank, maybe?

Comment

Yes, before I purchase could you suggest what would be a good size. With only the two Pacu in and a pleco.?

Comment

If you plan to keep them long term, then you should try to find a reasonable 200g tank if not bigger.  

Raul
            Raul
            PokerFace

Comment

Eventually, with 2 pacu and a pleco, WOW. I usually hear 200 gallons+ for just one pacu. Maybe you could buy another hot tub?  

Comment

I refuse to sell pacu at my store. I hate seeing a new shipment come in.   But they are fun to feed. they love their feeding time!

I'd like to know what petsmart suggested putting pacu with koi. Though a pond might be a good idea I've heard of Pacu killing large oscars when they felt the tank wasn't big enough for the both of them.

Would a Pacu survive a houston winter in a pond?
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" -- Benjamin Frankli
                n

Comment

The College Station Texas Petsmart

Comment

I'd think they could survive with a couple heaters in place to keep the temperature reasonable. And, of course, it IS a hot tub!  

Comment

My sons pacu ate his adult firemouths.
                      I think a pacu would go well "vera cruz" sauce.

Comment

Working...
                      X