if money was no option......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if money was no option......

what type of a heater setup would yall use on a 210.....i am looking for something really nice and was thinking that it might be better to have 2 smaller heaters than one large 1000 watt.....i want or was thinking about getting a digital readout....does anyone have any suggestions.....thanks mickey
    210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

I would go with any titanium heater that is shatter proof with a temp controller.

The temp controller being the part.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I like running 2 smaller heaters in my wet/dry or sump. Have digital temp gauge set up also.
      Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
      29 gal (Planted Puffer)
      10 gal (snails and small planted)
      5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        I would go with any titanium heater that is shatter proof with a temp controller.

The temp controller being the part.

+1

Or if you don't want to pay for the temp. controller.......you could always go with two smaller (150 watt) heaters . I would put one heater on each end of the tank . If this tank is inside your home......then why are you so concerned about the heaters ? I ask because...the inside of your house probably won't get cold enough to hurt your fish if your heater does decide to malfunction .

Comment

Originally posted by freespool View Post
          I like running 2 smaller heaters in my wet/dry or sump. Have digital temp gauge set up also.
          If you don't main me asking, why two?
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I run 2 smaller heaters. I did not want to run the risk of one large heater malfunction and cook my fish. i like to keep my tank at 85F so it also keeps one heater from working too hard. and if one fails I still have one to keep some heat till I catch the issue and replace it. It is just a kinda fail safe.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
            5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

Yeah, I feel you. I use to do the same but I've now switched all my tanks over to temp controllers.

In the last 5 years, I've have a number of heater malfunctions and the temp controller saved the day each time.

You should look into one. It's really just a independent solenoid that switches off the power when the temp gets too high.

I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Will definitely check that out.

29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

we have the ranco etc111000 electronic temp. controllers at my work. they work amazing.
                  FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

2 of these 150's and they come with a controller. No digital display though. You can not beat that price.

PetMountain is the best pet shop for all your pet's needs. We offer high-quality food, toys, treats, and pet supplies at competitive prices. Our pet experts can help you find the right products for your pet. Shop today and see why PetMountain is the best place to find pet products to keep your pet happy and healthy.

or maybe the 200's or bigger. I run the a pair of the 250's on the 200 in my familyroom for 7 yr's with no problems. You save money with titanium's because you do not have to constantly replace them like glass heaters. Also fish break glass heaters and so do we, which trips breakers and kills fish.
                    Last edited by fshfrk; 12-26-2010, 12:20 PM.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I have that exact same heater on my 125g. I would still put a temp controller on it.
                      Last edited by myjohnson; 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM. Reason: sp
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I run 2 x Jager 250w in my 200g's cause the garage is getting cold. Definitely get a temp controller it will give you peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X