need someone to reseal my 72 bowfront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need someone to reseal my 72 bowfront

is anyone capable of helping me reseal my 72g bowfront?

please lmk, my fish need to upgrade.

832-795-2231
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Ne 1?
    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

you know the drill.....razor blades (patience) alcohol (more patience) and clean rags.....

1. CAREFULLY remove old silicone using MULTIPLE razor blades.....use ony clean sharp razor blades....
      2. Use a generous amount of MEK or Acetone and clean (with shop towels) all seem lines of remaining
      residue from the silicone seals...
      3. Use more shop towels soaked with hot water to remove any chemical trail left over from the MEK or
      acteone....
      4. Let the tank dry thouroughly or use a hair dryer.
      5. Using the proper silicone (100% GE Silicone) apply with ice cream sticks a bead of approximately the size
      of a drinking straw, take your time, start in the bottom
      of each corner and pull the bead up towards the top of the tank. Don't worry about
      looking like a professional, just make sure you get a good solid bead of
      silicone pressed firmly into the seam. Take your time and work carefully, you can do it....smiles.

Use razor blades to remove any excess or mess. Once you get the hang of it....it goes quickly.....good luck Brian.

CF
      Last edited by CichlidFan; 01-10-2011, 02:54 PM.
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

If you want to bring the tank to my place, I can help you out. I have a couple other tanks that need to be resealed. We can have a resealing party in the garage - all are welcome!

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

sounds like a plan good sir
          FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

Working...
          X