Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this a good deal? Thinking about buying 2 eheims...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this a good deal? Thinking about buying 2 eheims...

I'm thinking about buying 2 eheim 2217 today for $140, only thing is they are 2 years old. Is this a rip off or is this average?
    Last edited by nightster; 05-20-2011, 03:40 PM.
    20g mixed reef

$70.00 for a 2217 doesn't sound that bad. If you're having a little buyers remorse I'll buy one from? Or both?
    Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Well I haven't bought them yet, I edited my post lol. I found out that they have been in storage, idk how long and judging from the picture they look to be missing the tubing...
      20g mixed reef

Comment

Who is the seller I'll check it out if you don't mind

Comment

Yea right buddy, I don't have stupid written across my fore head...
          Last edited by nightster; 05-20-2011, 03:58 PM.
          20g mixed reef

Comment

No tubing...hmm.. will they come with the intake and output pieces ? Will they come with media ? I ask because those pieces are going to cost you a little bit . I'm not 100% sure...but the hose and intake / output pieces may cost you an additional $40.00 per filter . That's not including media which may add an additional $20.00 to each filter depending upon what brand of media you choose . So basically , what I'm suggeting to you is to stop by or call City Pets and price all the pieces that you are going to need . Once you do that .....then you can see how the price compares to a new 2217 .

Comment

Well I'm gonna need new tubing and new pads. Media and plastic peices are all there...
              20g mixed reef

Comment

Lastly.......check to see if they will come with the Quick Disconnects . These are quite expensive if you need to replace them .

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
                  Yea right buddy, I don't have stupid written across my fore head...
                  Say kid I wasn't trying to hoard in on your deal. I just sounded like you had some buyer remorse so I was going to help you out. If I wanted a 2217 I'de go get a new one for $105.00. By good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                    Say kid I wasn't trying to hoard in on your deal. I just sounded like you had some buyer remorse so I was going to help you out. If I wanted a 2217 I'de go get a new one for $105.00. By good luck to you
                    I'm sorry, I guess I did come across kinda smart ***. I don't know a lot of people on here, but I didn't mean it that way. And please don't call me a kid, I work for a living (not saying you don't)...
                    20g mixed reef

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
                      I'm sorry, I guess I did come across kinda smart ***. I don't know a lot of people on here, but I didn't mean it that way. And please don't call me a kid, I work for a living (not saying you don't)...
                      kid is a expression has nothing to due with you age brotha
                      But back to the Eheims it doesn't sound like a good deal you'll possible need to spend more money making them work than they are worth

Comment

Originally posted by jhenry View Post
                        kid is a expression has nothing to due with you age brotha
                        But back to the Eheims it doesn't sound like a good deal you'll possible need to spend more money making them work than they are worth
                        Really? Even if all I need is pads and tubing?
                        20g mixed reef

Comment

I think 100 dollars for a complete used 2217 is a fair price, everything under that price is a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                            I think 100 dollars for a complete used 2217 is a fair price, everything under that price is a good deal.
                            Sorry but I don't think so miggy but you know what I pay for stuff wholesale baby

Comment

It is on craigslist. http://houston.craigslist.org/for/2392315109.html. Looks like you need spray bars and hose. Not a bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X