Trying to decide what to do with my tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to decide what to do with my tank

I am either selling my 75 or re-purposing it - it has become overrun with Süßwassertang, ABN's and RCS and assassins and almost nothing else (basically ignoring it for a year will do that)

I have a couple danio, some gold tetra, and a few micro rasbora in there, but for the most part they play in the 12" deep Süßwassertang and I never see them.

I know I want to start up with aquascaping again, but I don't know what I want. I like some different critters that just won't go well together and am not sure whether I should get two smaller tanks or accept I can't have it all and pick one.

I love blue gularis killies - but they are kind of aggressive, and I lost my last pair to them eating fish they shouldn't have eaten. But I am not sure what else I can put in with them - they will eat all the cherry shrimp and I would love to have other fish because a 75 is kind of overkill for just 2 fish - can multiple pairs of gularis live in a tank?

I am also fond of small, colorful bottom dwellers - scarlet badis, rams, and apistos... but would then need some nice upper level fish to keep the tank busy....

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    Last edited by Krisvalkyrie; 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM.

No one has any suggestions or advice?

Comment

Now, if you had been asking about trophs, you would have had thirty replies by now.
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

For upper level fish. I'd do with some kind of danio or live bearer.
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Oryzias woworae!
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Oooh I like those - are they a type of rainbow? Does anyone in Houston have them.

Comment

Question is - is there anything I can put in with blue gularis that they won't try to eat?

Comment

Maybe just keeping a pair in a planted 20L would be the best thing to do. IMO

Comment

I used to have a 20 L, but I ended up selling it. Will need to get another one maybe... I used to have a pair in a 3' flat back hex, it was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisvalkyrie View Post
                    Oooh I like those - are they a type of rainbow? Does anyone in Houston have them.
                    Ummm . . . I think there are a couple places you can order them online, but I doubt any LFS has them in stock. I got mine from Fish Gallery several months ago. They are a ricefish . . . the female carries eggs on her anal fin. It is fun to watch.
                    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

I can let you have a pair actually . . . now that I think about it. Trade for plants?

Comment

Absolutely! What conditions do they breed in? Do you think they will breed for me or will i need to go through extra efforts?

Comment

Originally posted by Krisvalkyrie View Post
                          Absolutely! What conditions do they breed in? Do you think they will breed for me or will i need to go through extra efforts?
                          I doubt it - not certain though. I'm not doing anything special.

Comment

Are yours breeding? Also, pm me your number again please because I lost it, so I can arrange pickup/drop off.

Comment

Working...
                            X