Meet my 375g Petrochromis tank!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet my 375g Petrochromis tank!

So, I finally got some shots of my tank that was decent to post up. I have to use a UWA lens on my DSLR to get the whole tank in the pictures.

Here is a FTS. No lights on over the tank. Sorry for the reflection off the acrylic. I had to shoot during the day.

This is a shot with the coralife 3x150w HM on.

Got a cool macro shot I wanted to share with y'all.

Tank is still not done. I need new rocks for my rockscape. I want to keep the wood in the tank. I also need a black background but I been lazy about that too.

Let me know what you guys think!
    I ate my fish that died.

Saw it first hand.. it was NICE!
    Live a good life and in the end,
    it's not the years in a life,
    it's the life in the years.

Comment

looks great black background would be cool.....i had a tint shop come to my house and put black background on mine....cost me 30 bucks for stuff and 20 for them to come to my house and put it on....came out really good...
      210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

Love the macro shot....
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Love the scape as it is.. I always wanted to put wood in my tank but never knew how it would jack with my water.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk
          300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Very nice Thai.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Black background would be nice . . . like the scape as it is though.
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thai I'll get the piece of wood for your backround and paint it this weekend if you want just let me know. Ive also seen this tank personally it is a stunner
                Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Thanks Guys!

Well, scapes got to go for sure. I just put random holey rock I had laying around. I didn't really even scape the tank. I just added the wood so that it would fit in the tank and dropped in some rocks in. That's why the scape is bad.

My plans for the scape:

1) Redo the wood for sure. I'm turn the wood and raise them. My idea is to have the wood pointed down. Like, have the tip of the wood a few inches off the sandy bottom.

2) Remove all HR. I have a few rocks in stock I can use but I think I'm need like 500-600 pounds of it for the scape I'm thinking about. My idea is to the the rock scape winding through the wood branches. I'm thinking a 1 or 2 really high "hills" integrated with small and med "hills.

I really want to try some rocks I recently got after hitting up the Chinese secret shop but I only have about 300 pounds of those.

@ tatoo,

I was thinking about doing tint on my BG too. But problem is the tank is acrylic so I'm scared the tent may damage the tank.

@ Thomas, do it foo! You need to post up pictures more.

@ Tim,

Yeah, some of my fishes are lighter in color then I like. I have petro ikolas in my tank and they seem a little washed out. I'm hoping a black BG will bring their color out. I know you have a bunch of tall tanks. Where can I get a 30" tall black plastic background?

@ Big J,

Whatcha talkin bout? What kind of wood are you using? You going to paint it black? Problem is I'm not going to be able to fit it in my small @$$ acura. lol.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I love this tank bro, don't be lazy and just finish it. I want to see those secrets rocks in your tank :0

Comment

1/4" and I'll bring it to you bro. I got you

Comment

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                        I love this tank bro, don't be lazy and just finish it. :0
                        +1

Comment

Ok, sure why not. Lets try it out. :)

lol, I'm scared we might not be able to get a full sheet of wood that's 8'x30" back there.

Tank is not moving and I got limited space to work with around the tank. Maybe we can install it by taking it over the top of the tank.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                            I love this tank bro, don't be lazy and just finish it. I want to see those secrets rocks in your tank :0
                            lol, you know exactly how lazy I am. The tank may go another year before I change anything. Works been killing.

I might have to post pictures of the secret rocks up just for you! :)
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

So, that's it?
                              Lori's husband Bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X