PICS! rescue tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICS! rescue tank

Hey all. Just wanted to share pics of my 3 gallon Marineland rescue tank. It's very basic. First it had a Whisper filter which I changed out to a Fluval U series sponge filter, and added some rocks and fake plants. I do like the LEDs on it though. First it housed a victim of domestic violence, a betta named Maggie whose boyfriend didn't like to play nice, who recovered well with some salt and good food. After she found a new home, I got Bogie, one of the most gorgeous bettas I've ever seen. He's hangin out in there, keeping the tank warm (so to speak). I might end up selling the tank or giving it away soon, unless I find someone else to rescue! ) Enjoy the pics. The first is with Maggie, and the rest are of Bogie.

Attached Files
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Bogie looks nice!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks Tim! Thought he was pretty unique.

Comment

For sure Bogie is a looker! And kudos for the charity
        http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Very nice! Both are pretty bettas, but have to agree that Bogie is a real dazzler!
          Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
          • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
          • 29g Planted - Journal
          • 29g Planted
          • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Thanks Sunny and Vicki. I agree, Bogie has some cool colors. Anyone a UT fan?? ) And Sunny, as far as the charity goes... I think it comes with the profession! Maybe that's why I'm so distraught over the comps' health. I think the oath goes something like, "First, do no harm" ...

Comment

That's a great looking pico-tank! Have you ever considered dropping an Anubias in there? They don't need any more light than what you've got to stay alive...may not grow at all...but it will live.
              Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
              Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Originally posted by davemonkey View Post
                That's a great looking pico-tank! Have you ever considered dropping an Anubias in there? They don't need any more light than what you've got to stay alive...may not grow at all...but it will live.
                Haha yeah davemonkey, I have an Anubias in my 8g planted nano, along with wisteria and red crypts and java fern. It grows like crazy in there. I was thinking of getting another one for the pico tank but I just recently set it up as a rescue. Maybe I'll replace the fake plants with some low light low tech plants soon. Thanks for the idea!

Comment

Live plants would look great in those tanks. I can only imagine how Bogie's colors would pop if he had a black and green background so he's be the only orange/reddish color in the tank. He'd probably look like he's glowing!
                  Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                  • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                  • 29g Planted - Journal
                  • 29g Planted
                  • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

I agree live plants would look very nice in there. Beautiful fish. Are you breeding them?
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I'm not breeding because I only have one rescue betta in a 3 gallon pico tank. I'd do a black background but the way the tank is shaped, I don't think it will support a traditional background very well, unless I paint it on. In any case, the tank sits against a dark slate splashguard in my kitchen... so it kind of has the same effect. :) Will update once I get some anubias in there! Thanks again guys!!

Comment

Guess I saw the pictures wrong the first picture, It looks as if there is an all blue betta in the bottom, and the other pics show a red. Any way it goes its still a very nice fish.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                          Guess I saw the pictures wrong the first picture, It looks as if there is an all blue betta in the bottom, and the other pics show a red. Any way it goes its still a very nice fish.
                          The first betta was all blue, but she went to another home. The other is Bogie, and he's burnt orange and purple. Neat lookin' fella.

Comment

well thats what I was meaning about breeding them. I knew you had said there were two. I thought they were in the same tank together.
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                              well thats what I was meaning about breeding them. I knew you had said there were two. I thought they were in the same tank together.
                              Oh man. That first betta got beat up cuz she was alone in a 20 gallon tank with a male betta. No way was I gonna put a pair together in a 3 gallon! :)

So did you go trick or treating as a ninja?!

Comment

Working...
                              X