Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your a good guy, and i dont now you.
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
      Sorry to hear, Tony. I know how that can be... but I'm confident that something awesome will come from all this stressful crap, even if you can't see it now. I hope things settle down soon.

You definitely were missed at the GHAC meeting. You know, we hardly ever end up talking fish so next time show up! Good food, lotsa booze, and hilariously weird people. Good luck with the tank Tony!
      I think the set-up will be stronger and better. I've been in this hobby a long time, I've been a moderator for a while now, and I've probably had everything that could happen in a tank happen through trial and error because I had to learn as I went (seems like I'm talking like I'm old, but I was like 9 years old when I started keeping fish. . . no Internet, no forums, no one to really talk to, especially since I was the one special ordering the fish). I must have just rushed something. I'll be fine, but you can bet I'm still p^$$*@.

Actually, I was thinking about one of our discussions this afternoon, when I was checking out some Pseudomugil. . .

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
      Tony --

Like the local crack dealer, I'd feel remiss in my duties if I didn't offer you some starter shrimp for a tank.

That may be the route I'm going, so I might take you up on that.

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
      Your a good guy, and i dont now you.
      He's not a "good" guy, he's a great guy. Took me around to all the shops when I moved here. I would recommend making the effort to meet him.
      Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

fish talk? we made nuttella crepes. well i ate them and watched them being made lol
        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
          fish talk? we made nuttella crepes. well i ate them and watched them being made lol
          Haha! Watching and eating is still participation! I did that, and I chopped some strawberries too.
          All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Tony! Where'd you see the pseudomugil? I need more. I had 1 killed by a comp and the other sailed outta the tank! Those are bad @$$. Oh and I know Tim's the local crack-shrimp dealer but if you need some yellow shrimp, I'd be happy to donate!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyO View Post

He's not a "good" guy, he's a great guy. Took me around to all the shops when I moved here. I would recommend making the effort to meet him.
              oh no, i do want to meet the guy. my wallet in the other hand does not even like me talking about Tim. lol. it is afraid it will go skinny to fast!
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

show up to the next GHAC meeting, it wont be at his house so no temptation to over-shrimp. iono what darbex might try selling you tho lol
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

well i plan on going over to tims once i get my pay day to get some snails. and shrimp.
                  75g Tank,
                  10g Tank
                  Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

So, here's what I'm thinking right now. . . I'm going to drain the tank down, pull out the few remaining fish, partition out some areas of the substrate and replace with plant substrate. I'd like to plant some crypts at least, maybe some corkscrew vals, and I'd like to find something that will grow up the "legs" of the wood I have in there (right now, it's either java fern, java moss, Anubias, or Riccia. . . still thinking about it, and will have to do some research, but I'm leaning towards java moss). Any and all suggestions and information are helpful. . .

Looking at pearl gouramis with black ruby barbs and a species of small loach. . . course, I would have to amend that list if I went with shrimp.
                    Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

That sounds nice, Tony. I absolutely love crypts, as simple as they are. I'd personally go with Christmas moss or flame moss. I'm just trying out flame moss since I got a bit of it from eklikewhoa at the meeting. It grows vertically for the most part. And Christmas moss just looks really neat, a little more green and smoother than java moss.

If you want a loach that won't go after shrimp, you can get a few of those purple and yellow kuhli loaches! They've lived with my yellow shrimp and never bothered them. They look really neat too when swimming together.

Be careful with barbs. Depending on what kind of plants you have, they will just tear 'em up. I had dwarf baby tears initially when I got some albino barbs and they reduced the poor plant to stems within minutes of introduction to the tank!! Ack! I was furious!

Comment

you should try some briggitae. madehtsobi has some he wants to sell that he got from the group buy from tim. they will go well with the plants.
                        75g Tank,
                        10g Tank
                        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Jumping in late but sidthimunki "chain loaches" stay small and I've kept them with shrimp in the past.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                            Jumping in late but sidthimunki "chain loaches" stay small and I've kept them with shrimp in the past.
                            That's actually the species I was thinking about!

Comment

Working...
                            X