Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 Feet High? Nice!

I wouldn't mind adding this to my house:

Despite living and working an Atlantic Ocean away from England's capital, Thierry Henry is planning to demolish his $9.5M London mansion in order to build... a slightly different mansion. A significant difference will be a 40-foot fish tank, which will … Continue reading →
    210G Malawi haps, peacocks, and clown loaches
    135G buccochromis rhoadesii & 135G Malawi haps & peacocks
    125G aristochromis christi & 125G Malawi hap & old clown loaches
    90G star sapphire
    75G buccochromis rhoadesii
    55G ?
    30G aulonacara Midnight & 30G eclectochromis fry

Soccer players are the more baller than rappers in Europe. Should be a nice a tank when done.

And it has no kitchen. Take out all the time!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

It's not meant to be cylindrical, is it?? I can't stand the distortion with some of those tanks.
      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
        Soccer players are the more baller than rappers in Europe. Should be a nice a tank when done.

And it has no kitchen. Take out all the time!!!
        The picture is just a cross section, I am sure there are rooms on either side. You don't think that WC runs across the width of the house, do you?

Comment

No, I don't believe so, since they mentioned that it's 10 feet long, as opposed to in diameter. Also, it was mentioned in the comments that that's a cross-section, not a floor plan, so the kitchen would be in a different part of the house, you just can't see it on this cross-section. Still, only 300 fish for 5,500 gallons, that's nice depending on what it's stocked with.
          90G star sapphire
          55G ?

Comment

The aquarium in Kemah has a tank with similar shape . I am not sure the fish are crazy about the height but no distance to swim.

Comment

i would guess from the way its shaded that it will be cylindrical. it doesnt matter how it looks, it so he can tell people that he has one. i dig the bio-roof too
              75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
              28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
              12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
              29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
              45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
              33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

I would guess it is cylindrical too because of the stairs wrapping around it going up.

I take it back, the article says 15x3 and then goes up 40.
                Last edited by rage; 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

wow costs 400k to make

Comment

Hmmm demolishing his $9.5M house for a 400k tank. Wish i had that kind of dough.

Comment

Henry has and still does make a TON of money playing soccer.

Originally posted by Cheapomatic View Post
                      Hmmm demolishing his $9.5M house for a 400k tank. Wish i had that kind of dough.
                      90G star sapphire
                      55G ?

Comment

Originally posted by sountfc View Post
                        No, I don't believe so, since they mentioned that it's 10 feet long, as opposed to in diameter. Also, it was mentioned in the comments that that's a cross-section, not a floor plan, so the kitchen would be in a different part of the house, you just can't see it on this cross-section. Still, only 300 fish for 5,500 gallons, that's nice depending on what it's stocked with.
                        I hope they are not big fish. Even though it's 5500 gallons it's 40 ft in height but "only" 15ft X 3ft in width and depth that only gives a surface area at the top of 45 sq.ft. for gas exchange. I ( and about 16 other people) helped move a 748 gallon tank through a guy's bedroom window last year. By way of comparison at 10ft X 42" X 30" and somewhat similar in proportions to a 40 gallon breeder that would be a a surface area at the top of the tank of 35 sq. ft.. so even though the monster tank has about 7 1/3rd times the volume it only has about 1 1/3 rd times the surface area.

Then again maybe I'm just jealous--lol
                        While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

Working...
                        X