X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allysangels View Post
    by the way, for those of you who don't know yet,

I WORK AT FISH GALLERY NOW!!!!!!!

Ally you are now working with one of the most knowledgable tropical fish experts Houston has with connections we all can only dream about.

Sit back and soak up the knowledge.

Comment

Ally Congrads. on the New Job. That a great store.
      Oh and stop ranting your putting me to sleep. LOL.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Congrats ally that store is fancy !!! Lots of nice fish there

Comment

danielp- you know it! :) it has already begun. i can only dream to one day build up as great a reputation as that one.

mistahoo- you are correct. nothing in life (human or piscine) is absolute. but we do our best. as sasha said, educated guesses.

everybody else, thank you very much, come see me!
          my fish house:
          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
          6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
          29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
          45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
          2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
          125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
          and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

The best answer for a question you don't know is, "I don't know, but I will gladly ask someone who does know to come help you out.", or "give me a minute and I will find out for you" It's a rule of thumb for excellent customer service. Just giving a plain lie or an "I don't know" is unacceptable.
            210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
            125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Ummm I don't know. LOL

And congrats on the job ally
              125g: Empty For Now
              90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
              Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Yeah congrats on the job Ally.
                210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
                125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Congrats on the job ally. I love sitting in front of that giant bow front. It is very relaxing. Sorry for jacking this thread

Comment

lol i felt like i jacked it with my rants and everybody congratulating me... i guess as i've been working in fish stores in houston for years now i felt strongly on the issue...
                    my fish house:
                    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                    and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

most are morons... petco and petsmart are notorious for them lol but the mom & pop ones know their stuff!

Comment

in my opinion
                        you cant beat home breeders :)

and for equipment etc i always buy online
                        Check out my aquarium journals
                        - 100 gallon Livebearers community tank
                        -10gallon fry tank

Comment

im my opinion dont ask questions, RESEARCH.... READ... talk to HFB people others will be smartasses if you ask questions that are deemed dumb in their book..
                          175 tropheus Chaitika
                          125 tropheus Ujiji
                          90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Congratulations Ally on the new job ,im sure itll be tons of fun and a great place!

Now heres how i kinda feel about this. First off we all had to start in the hobby some where. And im sure at one point we didnt knoe jack squat either. And yea petco/petsmart may not have the smartest employees, grated ! At least if they are kids interested in the hobby their trying give them that. " I worked at petsmart years ago" For some it may just be a job to them and they dont knoe all the fish to a tee yet.

But now on some of the high end shops that we all know of and shop at. I believe its up to the owners to properly trail the new ones, that if they dont know something ask a fellow employee and lean about it witb the customer.

Right befor i moved here i worked at one of the top fish stores in San Diego. And i was the cichlid guy, didnt know shat when it came to saltwater but i knew who did and if i got a customer who needed expert salt advice i got another guy to help me out and the customers appreciated that so much that we didnt tell them crap. We all had our nicks and the entire store worked as a team.
                            So i strongly feel its the shops right and responsibility to teach new worker's !
                            5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                            7 gal baby compressicps
                            14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                            4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                            100 gal mixed community tank
                            125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Originally posted by crazy42bmx View Post
                              Congratulations Ally on the new job ,im sure itll be tons of fun and a great place!

Now heres how i kinda feel about this. First off we all had to start in the hobby some where. And im sure at one point we didnt knoe jack squat either. And yea petco/petsmart may not have the smartest employees, grated ! At least if they are kids interested in the hobby their trying give them that. " I worked at petsmart years ago" For some it may just be a job to them and they dont knoe all the fish to a tee yet.

But now on some of the high end shops that we all know of and shop at. I believe its up to the owners to properly trail the new ones, that if they dont know something ask a fellow employee and lean about it witb the customer.

Right befor i moved here i worked at one of the top fish stores in San Diego. And i was the cichlid guy, didnt know shat when it came to saltwater but i knew who did and if i got a customer who needed expert salt advice i got another guy to help me out and the customers appreciated that so much that we didnt tell them crap. We all had our nicks and the entire store worked as a team.
                              So i strongly feel its the shops right and responsibility to teach new worker's !
                              Very well said. Very.
                              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Fish store workers

Originally posted by tys91 View Post
                                in my opinion
                                you cant beat home breeders :)

and for equipment etc i always buy online
                                I was a home breeder for a few years, then I got divorced..

Sent from my corner of the tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X