Anyone know about discus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about discus?

I would like to have 2 medium sized discus with the blue color in my planted tank. I looked up a lots in internet, and each source of fish breeder is different and they just confuse me pretty bad. So, I now want to hear advice from other fish raiser . Is there any different between blue cobalt and blue diamond? Which one is more valuable, and more expensive? Please help me to make the right choice.
    100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
    30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Re: Anyone know about discus?

Walter (wvgdiscus (sp?)) and Gulfcoastdiscus might be your best bet. Blue diamonds arent very expensive,  compared to other discus i think theyre cheaper than most.

Comment

As far as cobalt and blue diamond discus goes just choice which one you like best. They should be around the same price range. When you get into the more exotic type discus (meaning the new develop starins) the price will go up from there.

If you have a lot of question send me a pm with your phone # & I will call you tomorrow.

Walter
      Board Member of Houston Aquarium Society
      Mod OF Marshreef

Breeder of Discus, Angels, Bristle nose & Sail fin Mollies
      Coming soon Daphnia

Comment

I agree with walter, choice of discus is a matter of preference.
        Both Blue Diamonds and Cobalts are pretty common domestics, so i would expect them to be quite evenly priced.

Unfortunately, because of the confusion of naming discus, it is hard to answer your question without a picture. One of the things that really ticks me off are people coming up with names that just confuse the heck out of the rest of the community.

In my "fundamentalist" opinion, blue Diamonds should be pure unbroken blue without the appearance of bars or any brown or rust colored specs.

Cobalts tend to have 8 bars when young or stressed. Sometimes the bars are visible in adults. Many have browinsh / rust color in their dorsals or at the base of the tail fin. Many have a brown tint on the body itself. Some have striations on their face (like red turks).

Personally, i like the pure blue color of BD's. Especially if it is a nice large and round specimen.

Marc
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

sorry for late responses. Final exam time is over, and the time for discus has just begun.
          Walter, I just pm you my contact number. Thank you for your concern.
          100 gal- java fern windelov,anubia petite,xmas moss, crypt,val, sword, riccia fluitans, Sagittaria subulata
          30 gal:e.tenellus,hygrophila wavy,acicularis vivapara,Limnophila aquatica,Hygrophila corymbosa,Hydrocotyle(praecox rainbow,Celestial PD

Comment

Working...
          X