Aqua one 136 filter clogging ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua one 136 filter clogging ?

Hey guys , Ive got a fluval 406 running on my 6ft tank,and on the intake i have a Aqua one 136 filter attached to it so my fry dont get sucked up! Now the last few days the filter has been shrinking to the point where its the size of a small ? I have been rinsing it out alot , nearly 3 times a week on top of 2 water changes a week and it just cant seem to hold up? It keep's on shrinking/clogging up with junk ? Should i need a replacement filter or do i need to high pressure hose this thing ? lol

I understand the fact that it is on the intake which does SUCK up the water that it must pull the filter in but not to the point where it is now.Its pulled the filter in less then half its size
    Last edited by tys91; 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM.
    Check out my aquarium journals
    - 100 gallon Livebearers community tank
    -10gallon fry tank

bump
    -10gallon fry tank

Comment

IMO: take it off the 406. Use the sponge filter with air and use a filter sox on the intake. A filter sox is easier to clean and not as restricktive. I my self would run the intake just like it comes. You may loss a few fry but most will stay out of the high flow anyway.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Get one of these aquaclear sponges and cut it in 1/3's (3pc). Slit it with a knife and slide it over the imput.

The air sponges clog way to fast. Good luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post

Get one of these aquaclear sponges and cut it in 1/3's (3pc). Slit it with a knife and slide it over the imput.

+1.
          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post

thanks mate. Very wise idea i never thought about slittng a filter and fitting it over.
            Great idea. Any pics of videos

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
            IMO: take it off the 406. Use the sponge filter with air and use a filter sox on the intake. A filter sox is easier to clean and not as restricktive. I my self would run the intake just like it comes. You may loss a few fry but most will stay out of the high flow anyway.
            Thanks for this il consider
            -10gallon fry tank

Comment

Working...
            X