feeder tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeder tank

I'm thinking about turning my 46 gal tank into a feeder fish tank...I want feeders that look nice and also multiply quickly...any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Re: feeder tank

actual tank

Comment

Depends. What are you going to feed them to?

Comment

feeding a 12"gar and 4" peacock bass

Comment

guppies, endlers multiplay fast every 28 days you will have a new set of about 12-30 babies. per female.
          75g Tank,
          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
          2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

You can use convicts you will have more than enough

Comment

Convicts swim to fast. feeder guppies or endlers swim slower. So they will be easier for the fish to catch. Mollys and plattys would work too...
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Only problem with guppies, mollies, and platies is that you'd need a good 200 fry to feed a 12" gar and a 4" pbass. Not a great idea... It's not feasible if you're feeding only live fish. You should try the convicts. The gar and pbass are definitely faster and can catch them, if not then you've got some lazy fish. Will they eat the convicts is my concern. They might not even consider them as food, but you won't know if you don't try.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

they go for anything that moved pretty much...just want something that will breed fast

Comment

Convicts.

Comment

they may not breed fast enough, you need to have your breeding colony establish first then wait for them to grow to actually feed them if you start today you may have to wait a good month or so to start feeding your product. and i think the tank you show is to small to breed them in.
                      75g Tank,
                      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

nm 46g tank is good.
                        75g Tank,
                        10g Tank
                        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                          nm 46g tank is good.
                          Lmao I was confused for a minute there. I'm sure people breed them in 10gal tanks. They'll be fine in a 46. Having to establish a breeding group goes for any fish feeders.

Comment

convicts fins might choke the bass if they try to escape (swim backwards) from the bass mouth....just fyi

Comment

yeah you can breed in a 10g but how many. there was a member here selling his breading pair like 4 months ago.
                              75g Tank,
                              10g Tank
                              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Working...
                              X