W/C Burundi holding!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W/C Burundi holding!!!!!!!!

One of my new females is holding.  Man it looks like she has a mouth full.  There is a lot of talk about stripping, but I think I am going to remove her to a tank by herslef and see what happens.  If it doesn't work out this time I will strip her next time. What do ya'll think????   Mike
    300 W/C Burundi
    210 W/C Moba/ Cyrtocara Moorii
    210 F1 Moba
    180 W/C Mpimbwe
    180 F1 Burundi

Re: W/C Burundi holding!!!!!!!!

I can't help any mike, I dont' keep Fonts, but I'm sure you will have others give their input shortly. I do want to wish you luck with this brood.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

This is my first spawn with this colony of W/C.  It sure gets me excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      300 W/C Burundi
      210 F1 Moba
      180 W/C Mpimbwe
      180 F1 Burundi

Comment

Sweet deal!  Keep us up to date.
        Raul
        PokerFace

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb144";p="
          This is my first spawn with this colony of W/C.  It sure gets me excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I know that feeling well, I have new Trohpeus fry here at the office and everytime I see them, it still makes me feel like a kid at Christmas. To me they are my "kids"

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

congrats mike that is awesome....... i still have that wild caught male if you brother is interested....
            210 gallon tank...empty.....wait till you see what is coming

Comment

Thats cool.  Snaps some shots if you can.

Comment

Thanks guys, I will keep ya'll updated.  Tatoo, how much for the male?
                300 W/C Burundi
                210 F1 Moba
                180 W/C Mpimbwe
                180 F1 Burundi

Comment

Hey Mike, it sounds like a good plan to move the female.  I would wait at least 5 days before moving her.  That way any unfertilized eggs will have desolved and the female will be less likely to spit since she is only holding good eggs.

If that doesn't work, you can come over and I'll show you how to strip and use a tumbler.
                  Join us at
                  http://www.allworldcichlids.com/

Comment

Thanks Jeff, I was expecting to hear form you.  Thanks for the advice, and I will gladly accecpt any hlep you wil give me. Call me if you get a chance. Mike
                    300 W/C Burundi
                    210 F1 Moba
                    180 W/C Mpimbwe
                    180 F1 Burundi

Comment

I agree....wait a while before attempting to move her.

Congrats!
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

We have several sets of fry from our Fronts and a female holding right now. If you do decide to strip her (which we do) you need to watch for wigglers (fry) in the mouth other wise you will need to get an egg tumbler. If you don't strip her you don't need to move her until she has a mouth full of little wigglers. Move before she spits.
                        All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Working...
                        X