210g tank w/ 55g sump quetions!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 210g tank w/ 55g sump quetions!?!?

hey guys. I just got a 55g to use as a sump for my 210g FW south/central american fish tank. The tank is reef ready with a 1" drillhole. What is the best way to configure this sump and divide it up?

Re: 210g tank w/ 55g sump quetions!?!?

If I were you, I'd have the overflow drain into the sump through a large micron sock and fill the rest up with bio media to where the water level is just above the media when everything is operational. Attach a return pump externally with a strainer to keep bio media inside the sump.
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

You could make a compartment for the micron socks, such can also house a heater, purigen/carbon and an aeration device.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

This would be simple and easy to put together. Egg crate and a dividing glass

image.jpg

Comment

That's all i need? No refugium or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ronin07x View Post
            That's all i need? No refugium or anything like that?
            Only if you were doing a SW tank. FW tanks don't really need it, but you can incorporate a refugium if you really wanted to. Instead of macro algae, just use moss or hornwort as a nitrate sink. IMO it's a lot of unnecessary work. What Sunny and Cuong said would be the easiest way.

Comment

OK. Well me having a 1" bulkhead. Is that enough flow rate or should I add an overflow box?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by ronin07x; 03-24-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                X