Air Conditioning Vs. Aquariums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning Vs. Aquariums

Does having multiple or large aquariums really have a significant effect on air conditioning? I've been having circulation issues with the AC unit in my apartment so my manager agreed to have it replaced. HOWEVER, the contractors told my apartment manager that the reason for the unit not working properly is the humidity from my aquariums and she told me that if I continue to have ac issues, I have to get rid of most of my aquariums. The current lease does state that I am only allowed 2 20 gallon aquariums (I have owned all my aquariums BEFORE the new management last year), but the new management does not enforce it UNLESS there is a problem.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

I've never heard of humidity having an effect on circulation but what could be happening is if your not changing the filter its clogging up which is causing the ac to work harder
    125g: Empty For Now
    90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Even with the filters changed monthly, I have had poor circulation.
      PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Does it blow weak in every room?

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by LordBarron7692 View Post
          Does it blow weak in every room?
          Yes it does! It's a cold water system.
          PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

You might also wanna have them check the ductwork for obstructions/restrictions
            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I have a dehumidifier in my fish room.

Find tips and guides to grow and maintain the perfect garden for your home.

You live in an old apartment complex, right Nick? Chances are . . . the AC can't keep up. I had the same issue when I was in an apartment.
              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

humity will affect the ac. mainly on the condenser. dont ask me why i was jsut told that too.
                75g Tank,
                2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

The unfortunate thing is that if my apartment manager says they have to go, they HAVE to go.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Sounds like maybe your indoor fan maybe clogged or your evap is clogging up but to be honest with it being a cold water system my bet is on the fan or like sunny said a clog in the duct work but if its every room its probably the fanr

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Move then. If they are making u take ur fish away go with them.
                      75g Tank,
                      2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                      2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                      10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                      10g Tank
                      Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Complex is full of crap. Iv got ove 300 gallons worth of water in my place and the ac is fine.

Unit may be low on freon, blower motor could be going out or its soo dirty it just dont blow ! Ducts could have collapsed or be smashed in areas. Theres a number of things that may be wrong and "management" say no its ur tanks. BS- chances are its an ac issue and they dont wana fix it. Worst case is the compressor takes a shat and ur really F'd. But id put money on the managements lack of wanting to fix it. Lol
                        5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                        7 gal baby compressicps
                        14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                        4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                        100 gal mixed community tank
                        125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Originally posted by crazy42bmx View Post
                          Complex is full of crap. Iv got ove 300 gallons worth of water in my place and the ac is fine.

Unit may be low on freon, blower motor could be going out or its soo dirty it just dont blow ! Ducts could have collapsed or be smashed in areas. Theres a number of things that may be wrong and "management" say no its ur tanks. BS- chances are its an ac issue and they dont wana fix it. Worst case is the compressor takes a shat and ur really F'd. But id put money on the managements lack of wanting to fix it. Lol
                          This^^^^

Comment

Yep. Sunny and Donovan have more gallons than square footage. It shouldn't be the tanks that are causing the issue. You can't get rid of the tanks Nicky!!!
                            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I think my tally is around 820 gallons and 670 sq ft... SMDH

Comment

Working...
                              X