No announcement yet.

Air Conditioning Vs. Aquariums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanks have no effect on circulation. If its not getting cold that could be the tanks because of humidity. The AC tries to regulate it to make it comfortable. Normal range is around 50 I think so as it gets higher the hotter it feels. So all that to say. If the flow is weak then it's not the tanks if the flow is normal and it feels hot then it might be.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

It's a cold water unit, not a freon unit. And they have my signature on the lease with the agreement. ********!
      PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
        It's a cold water unit, not a freon unit. And they have my signature on the lease with the agreement. ********!
        Lol.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Your Avatar matches this statement pretty well
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

time to start keeping reptiles.
            175 tropheus Chaitika
            125 tropheus Ujiji
            90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

How much time is left on the lease? did the rules change after you moved in? If the fish were there befor new rules. You maybe grandfathered in. I don't know the laws on this but I think you should fine some one that does.
              IMO: Start looking for a new place. If you keep the tanks they will kick you out.
              Sorry to hear this...
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Nick, you say its a cold water system. Actually it has compressors with freon. The compressors cool the water and the water circulates from the condensor unit to the evaporter unit in your apartment. Every apartment has water going thru the evaporter.

Does each apartment have there own seperate system or is there a big chiller on the roof. Usually they have one chiller that circulates to each apartment.

So if the chiller is low on freon or has other problems it will effect every apartment. Are there other apartments having the same problem.

The way A/C's work is by pulling the humidity out of the room not by blowing cold air. So it could be a humidity problem.

Comment

So an air conditioner cools and dehumidify's. It takes energy to do both. High humidity makes it hard to cool a room. With all that said, unless your tanks are uncovered...you run a waterfall or highly aerated stone in your tank...your apartment stays above 80 deepest all the time...and you have 500 gallons of water doing all these things it's not your tanks. Just because it COULD be a cause it doesn't meant it IS the cause. If they make you take down your aquariums just empty them...and leave them empty for a month and when the problem is still not solved give your property manager hell for not fixing the problem.

Comment

It's a losing battle. What it boils down to is that the AC company will not give my apartment manager a warranty on the new AC unit if I do not reduce the number of tanks. I need a place to live, so I don't need any negative info on my rental history. I have already started to list fish for sale. :evil:
                    PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

It's a losing battle. What it boils down to is that the AC company will not give my apartment manager a warranty on the new AC unit if I do not reduce the number of tanks. I need a place to live, so I don't need any negative info on my rental history. I have already started to list fish for sale. :evil:
                      Sorry to hear Nick.
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Sorry Nicky. :( I'm glad to help in any way I can... Just say the word.
                        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Damn that sucks
                            125g: Empty For Now
                            90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                            Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Really? Rental history, its not as if the have a little black book of all apartments in the greater US.

Your apt manager is a lazy *** and thats that!
                              Why dont you write up a letter and say if i drain my tanks and the problem still presist the they compensate you the amount it cost to rebuild a new build. Watch and see how fast they say, its not fair.
                              Yet they are so quick to blam your tank on a.... Assumption, just saying!

I am sorry to hear you have to deal with this.

Comment

The person to blame is the big-mouthed contactor. Instead of just saying to unit is old and needs replacing, he said it was because of the aquariums.
                                PLECOS SUCK!

Comment

Working...
                                X