fish with no power at home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish with no power at home.

sooooo how long can fish be with oit anything because my power just went off............
    20Long
    8Ebi

I recently lost 30 fry because they were without air for a day. I got home from work and noticed the power strip had no power. Pissed me off. Lost two adults and the others were gasping for air. Problem was that I was treating with meds and they absorb some oxygen so I would assume with no meds it could be longer.
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

ok i have alot of nanos and a 55 wih cichlids. lol so i should be good for the rest of the day with no filter?
      20Long
      8Ebi

Comment

No why risk it go get an airator at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by phish View Post
          No why risk it go get an airator at academy.
          im at work. i get off till 3am. yeaaaaaah
          20Long
          8Ebi

Comment

Good luck my man!
            75g Tank,
            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
            10g Tank
            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

yeaaah thanks. lol if they all die im done with this hobby i spent a crap to of money om shrimp and fish. lol nah just kidding
              but its mever gone for more than 2 hours im just in the break room praying they come back on
              20Long
              8Ebi

Comment

Some shrimp will survive with out filtration but fish will need it for sure.
                75g Tank,
                2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

i just wish i knew how long they can survive so if they cant for that long i can just leave work and figure somethi g out. lol
                  20Long
                  8Ebi

Comment

My power has been blinking for an hr now, hopefully i wont lose it. I say have someone go to walmart and get battery backup aerators just to be safe
                    175 tropheus Chaitika
                    125 tropheus Ujiji
                    90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

yessssssss!!! got told there back on now..
                      i will deffinately need to figure something out soon incase something worse happens in the future
                      20Long
                      8Ebi

Comment

Battery backup...

Comment

Battery operated air pumps, like the ones used for bait buckets and live wells.
                          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Battery operated works but if your tanks aren't severely overstocked then you can go 12-18 Hrs depending on fish
                            125g: Empty For Now
                            90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
                            Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

I had the power out in the winter for over 19 hours ., had a 72 gal bowfront with 15 fish between 2 inches and 3 inches did not lose one

A 150 with a Large Group of Trophs 20 fish 3 - 4inch fish lost one

A 75 gal with another group of Trophs no losses

Also a 20 long with 6 Queen Arabesque plecos no losses

All tanks were around 65 to 70 degrees no ick either And I live in the Midwest In Nebraska . Very cold in the winter...Very Lucky!!! to not have any losses.

Thomas
                              Last edited by cichlidomaha; 06-06-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X