Sick Fish!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick Fish!!!!!!!!

I came home today and found one of my cichlids was acting funny and doesn't look very well. All he does is hang out at the back on the tank. Here he is behind the filter tube and he stayed there until I kind of touched him. I threw some small pellets in the tank and all the other fish ate, he acted like nothing was going on and just stayed there. I moved him and he came down with the other fish. He kind of tilted side to side and went right back to his spot behind the filter. Does anyone have any ideas?
    DSCN05561.jpg
    This second picture is him, when I pushed him away from the tube.
    DSCN056211.jpg

That usually happens when a fish is being picked on. He is hiding from the bully.

Comment

How many fish is in the tank ? Any power heads ? Cichlids tend to bully alot .

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
        How many fish is in the tank ? Any power heads ? Cichlids tend to bully alot .
        I have 19 cichlids 2 plecos and a catfish in a 55gal. I have a breeding cage, should I move him in there?

Comment

19 cichlids in a 55 will definitely cause aggression. You can move him there if you would like. But when you thow him back in it will just hapoen again. Your best bet is to rearrange everything in your tank to break up territories. This would be your best bet. But a seperate tank for him in the meantime would be good.

Comment

Bigger tank is needed

Comment

Originally posted by KhmerStyle View Post
              Bigger tank is needed
              Bad thing is I just set this up. This is our first tank, and the guy over at fish gallery said that many fish would be fine. Maybe he was just trying to sell more fish.

Comment

I know where you can get another 55 gallon complete setup for $75. You can split the cichlids between the two tanks

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
                  I know where you can get another 55 gallon complete setup for $75. You can split the cichlids between the two tanks
                  Where is it at? I have been wanting another one...

Comment

Its in pasadena. Guy was telling me about it today. Comes with a tank, a metal stand, lights, and a hob filter. He also said he had 3 boxes full of equipment to go with it. I will get his number for you in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
                      Its in pasadena. Guy was telling me about it today. Comes with a tank, a metal stand, lights, and a hob filter. He also said he had 3 boxes full of equipment to go with it. I will get his number for you in the morning.
                      That will work, thanks. I'm actually not very far from there.

Comment

Shoot me a pm... so I don't have to hunt you down tomorrow

Comment

He is getting picked on I am sure. If you are able, move him to another tank.

Comment

Get a bigger tank

Comment

Update.... Last night I netted the fish that wasn't doing good and moved him in the breeding cage for the time being. Anyways as I was trying to catch him and seen it was his mate that was causing the problem. He would move away from the net and near the other one and it would be on. Chasing him around the tank until I broke them up. I'm not sure if they are male/male or female/female or just pissed at each other. Thank you all for the help....

Comment

Working...
                              X