HALP! Air pumps N STCHUFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HALP! Air pumps N STCHUFF

I recently bought a tetra whisper 60 from my favorite dealer online, well I plug it in and its the loudest thing ever! Now I get that I only have a 20 but I wanted a really nice bubble wall along the back wall of my tank. So I reverses the t valve and turned the two openings into one but regardless its really loud! I even lift it and its not that its vibrating or anything I can hold it in mid air and its this just loud damn near buzzing. :banghead: I also I decided to go to Petsmart and buy the same pump for triple the price and it still buzzes should I just give up and buy like a 40? Is there any modification you guys know of or just any advice?

Sent from my TARDIS using Xparent Green Taptalk

Open it up ? Sometimes there's broken peices in sides that's rattling

Comment

That's what I'm hoping but I'm worried. And both of the ones I used make about the same sound. Think its just coincidence?

Comment

Idk but most every air pumps that I own make a buzz noise

Comment

Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
          Idk but most every air pumps that I own make a buzz noise
          Yeah I used to have a 10gal pump on my 20h but wanted MOAR BUBBLEZZ! LMAO its probably just my own ambition :(

Comment

I hang my airpumps. Keeps the noise down.
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
              I hang my airpumps. Keeps the noise down.
              How? Could you elaborate?

Comment

My pump is built with a ring right next to the powercord. I put a hook in the stand in a please that the pump touchs nothing but that hook.
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Tetra Whisper filters are pretty loud. I don't think you could do anything to keep the noise down. I put my air pump in the stand. I can't really hear it unless I open the stand.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Search the web. There are people that came up with creative ways to silence them like enclosures, hanging, etc..
                    Painting the world with drool and poop since 2007! ~ Papa Greg

Comment

Working...
                    X