Do your Cory cats eat your plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do your Cory cats eat your plants?

I have a few Cory cats, and I've been noticing that they've been eating the leaves of my anarchris plants.

I'm nearing the end of the cycle so I may not be feeding them that much

Has this every happened to you?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

They're omnivores, so I wouldn't be surprised. Though they usually don't touch plants at least not vals, dwarf sag, bolbitis, or subwassertang.

Comment

those leaves probably already withered fish do sense those things and come for them because they get soften.
      I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Anacharis is pretty soft to begin with. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't want to grab a bite. If you feed them regularly it should cut back on them munching on your plants.

Comment

Algae wafer supplements help too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Those sons a beaches!!! I think this post just solved a conundrum I've had forever! I have swords java feed moss balls Anubis and such and everything is growing moderately since I'm low light low tech but my anacharis never grows more then a few centimeters and then falls back and I hate that I have about nine cories that has to be it!!! Those ********!!!

Comment

Lol, mine dont touch the plants.
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Ha.. Yeah my cories ..are some plant eating muga mukers..

Comment

Originally posted by mr504 View Post
                  Ha.. Yeah my cories ..are some plant eating muga mukers..
                  xD

Comment

A lot of fish will nibble on anacharis in general. cory cats do eat quite a variety of things, but they never bothered live plants when i had them. Like others said feed regularly and they have no incentive to look at plants (shrimp pellets, algae wafers, black worms, flakes, etc)

Comment

Corys are omnivores, but 95% to the carnivores side. Never seen them eating from living plants.

Comment

I wouldn't say 95%. They're opportunists/scavengers. They'll eat anything they can get their hands on. If you don't feed them anything and there's plants in there, they'll eat it. They don't touch leafy or broad leafed plants. They don't touch hard plants either like java fern.

Comment

Not entirely my experience 3 lot's of vegetables they leave for what they are. Corys really need high protein food to be kept healthy. They'll eat algaewafers but this shouldn't be food nr.1 !!! Fatten them up for breeding : high protein : bloodworms, brineshrimp aso

Comment

Of course but they will eat plants if nothing else is available

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

hahaha okay. Mine are waiting fore the glass and shouting HUNGRY hahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X