No announcement yet.

Need help stocking my tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i was to get rid of the tiger barbs, would the clown loaches and red tail shark fit well in a mainly cichlid tank? i browse liveaquaria but cant seem to narrow it down. are there any other sites with quality info about care and needs of a variety of fish?

Comment

Clown Loaches will be fine. The red tail shark may cause some problems. Liveaquaria is a good place to get general ideas. I used it at first to find what type of fish I liked. I usually just google their scientific name as most of the first few sites will have very detailed information. Though be wary of information on the net. Don't take it as your bible as there have been several instances where internet information has been proven wrong.

Comment

Clown loaches need a lot of room and generally do best is larger groups too. They school and I have seen them in bigger groups than 4. Barbs are a very picky species and you cant really place them with the fish most stores classify as semi-aggressive (like gouramis). My 56 gal has a mix of african and south american chichlids. Most of those grow to 4-5 inches minimum and have ranges of colors and iridescence. Also have silver dollars in with them.

Comment

My 56 gal has a mix of african and south american chichlids. Most of those grow to 4-5 inches minimum and have ranges of colors and iridescence. Also have silver dollars in with them.
          So tell us what Africans & SA. do you have? Pictures?
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
            So tell us what Africans & SA. do you have? Pictures?
            I can get some pictures tonight. Some are hard to say exactly what lakes since stores label tanks as "assorted peacocks" or "assorted africans". They are actually central american, south american and african.

56 Gal
            Central - 1 Jack Dempsey, 1 Black Convict
            South - 2 Silver Dollars, 1 Green Terror
            African - 2 peacocks (malawi if i had to guess), 2 kenyi
            1 pleco

Just lost my electric yellow. Went on vacation and he didnt eat after I returned.

Also have more community tanks:

29 gal (tetras and groumis) - Black skirts, lamp eyes, harlequins, beunos aries, red minor/serapes, gold and opaline groumi
            10 gal - giant danios, dalmation mollys
            10 gal - 1 small jack dempsey (until can move to 56 gal)

Comment

JD. do well with Africans. Sounds like you have some nice fish.
              Welcome to the Box! You should start a thread in Welcome to the Box. Intr. your self and We all like picture.
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
              X