Wet/dry opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet/dry opinion

Okay. I think I have decided to ditch one of my eheim canisters and replace it with a wet dry. I have a 215 gallon freshwater aquarium. Please give me your opinions on your preferred wet/dry brand. I need something that is rated for a 300 gallon tank. Thank you.

Sunny is the wet dry king
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Roy, that would be John.

Michelle, given the cost of new wet dry filters, the best bet would be to make a DIY sump out of a used 125 tank, assuming you're referring to a 8 ft 300 gallon tank the 125 should easily fit under the tank.

Here's a sump I made out of a 40B for my 120:

Still need to tweak the media chamber to properly fluidize the media but you get the gist of it.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Sunny. My tank is a 215 and I was thinking of leaving my 2262 in there and pulling the 2260 out so I don't have that kind of room. I think I need a manufactured one because I am not a DIY girl just yet. I don't mind buying used though :)

Comment

Very nice Sump Sunny. I done one 40Gal sump too but not run it yet because I waiting for finish my 250 Gal first. .

Comment

Originally posted by michelleraia View Post
            Sunny. My tank is a 215 and I was thinking of leaving my 2262 in there and pulling the 2260 out so I don't have that kind of room. I think I need a manufactured one because I am not a DIY girl just yet. I don't mind buying used though :)
            In that case you have a couple of good options like the CPR 3000 or the eshopps WD300 CS.
            http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

If you need a brand new CPR overflow box, let me know. I got a new one looking for a home.
              Last edited by tbui1178; 08-30-2013, 10:27 AM.
              300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

I like Proclear. I use a PC300 on my 5 ft - 200Gal (with Mag 12) and I've been thinking about switching to a PC200 that I have in my garage due to the easy access filter media drawer. On my 6 foot - 215, I use a Lifereef (picked up used) with a mag 18 and mag 12. Both of these tanks also run an eheim 2080.
                300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
                225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
                210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
                160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
                90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
                90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

I used Sealife 300 wet/dry with mag 18 plus dual Eheim 2262 on my 215 gallon and the water very clear even I am housing over 60 Ilangi in there .
                  I have never use CPR overflow until last week and love it .Highly recommend if you plan to use external overflow.
                  Tropheus Moorii Golden Kazumba
                  Petrochromis Red Mahale

Comment

Working...
                  X