This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Identity Assistance

Ok so I bought two fish months ago and forgot to write down the name of them. I went back to where I bought them and they didn't have anymore. I have never seen them anywhere else either. I would like to find out what they are haha. They are yellow but more of a deep yellow color. I know they arent electric labs because I have two of those also. They kinda look like lemon cichlids but the face doesn't have the same shape. I assume they are male and female because one is solid yellow with no black and the other is yellow with some bluish coming in around face. I'm about to try to upload a pic. Any help would be great.
    Attached Files
    Live Fast, Die Young, Leave A Good Looking Corpse!

Been in hobby since March 2006

Red zebra ?

Comment

Yellow Jake? Certainly does not match the pic, but yellow with a blue face is a likely candidate
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

Kenyi
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I have two red zebras so I can say it isn't those. Yellow jakes are nice but nothing like them either. I have seen a YouTube video of a guy who has one like this and says in the title kenyi cichlid, however everything I find on kenyi cichlids don't match these two. These are a rich deep yellow. They have no stripes, spots, or any kind of markings. The one has some faint blue around mouth area but isn't like the blues of electrics or jakes. I will try to get a pic up of the other one. Thanks for help, I am just baffled by what they truly are. I would love to get a few more...

Comment

i cant see the mouth very well on that picture, but it looks like leleupi but it could also be a male kenyi
            I have three tanks a 125 gl. (Petricolas and Ciclids) 90 gl (Amazon Theme) and a 35gl (Guramis and whatever weird stuff my daughter dumps there. )

Comment

looks like a female - Psuedo saulousi
              FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Tatertot, I think that may be them... Although the only thing that is holding me up from saying yes is the other one that has the bluish coloring coming in. I will get a pic tonight if I can. Thanks all for helping me out, this has been bugging me haha

Comment

Working...
                X