Odyssea T-5 light fixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odyssea T-5 light fixture

So, I was just sitting here when all the lights on my tank went out. It looks like one bulb is dead, but that shouldn't cause all the lights to go out should it? Do you think it is probably my ballast(s) This fixture has 4 39w T-5 bulbs with two ballasts for the lights.
    Karen

Reagan Quality lighting will replace the ballast for you. They are in the woodlands. I paid $85.00 to have both ballasts replaced on a light similar to yours.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

I appreciate that, but I only paid 125 for the fixture so I'm not sure it's worth it. The bulbs are due for replacing so that's another 40-50

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
      Karen

Comment

Try the bulbs first..

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
          Try the bulbs first..
          I considered that. I just hate to spend 40-50 on new bulbs if it is the ballast. Is it normal that all 4 would go out at once? I figured they would burn out one at a time, but I don't know enough about how these fixtures work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
          Karen

Comment

Some of the odyessa fixtures run like commercial lights so if one goes out that bank of 2 will, but never heard of all 4

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

City Pet has some extra bulbs they can plug in to test the ballasts for you. You just have to bring your fixture there to test it.

Comment

Working...
              X