Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap Meet Venue

Happy Friday HFB,

The Houston Cichlid Club swap meet is coming up in September, but we need to find a venue first. Does anyone have any suggestions/hookups on a location for one of the first two weekends in September? It will need to be large, affordable, and preferably in a relatively central location. Any ideas?

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

There are a few parks in Central areas with pavilions, maybe that skate park/disc golf course off of Memorial near Taft. Renting a venue is a pain, just trying to think of any spots that come to mind. I'll jog the head a bit more and see what I can come up with.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Much appreciated, Roy-O. We'll probably end up doing an evening event and there will definitely be some live fish, so not sure if we can make an outdoor event work unless we just can't find an affordable indoor venue

Comment

Maybe a church? or inquire about renting out a VA/mason hall? Maybe try searching for wedding reception areas, that might be your lowest cost venues and most should allow some private alcohol consumption
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Ah, perfect. Thanks again brother, I'll look into those options

Comment

Working...
          X