Bristlenose Pleco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristlenose Pleco

Just wondering if anyone knows the amount of aquarium salt these guys can take....
    Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
    Alexa Rae
    Co-President of CAK
    MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Re: Bristlenose Pleco

I've done 1-tsp Epson Salt per 10 gallons in a tank with 3 bristlenose with no ill effects.  Not sure about aquarium salt though.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

I agree with geek.  I kept bristlenose with my trophs and I added 1-tsp Epson Salt per 10 gallons.  They lived and did fine.  Until the trophs turned on them one day and kill them off.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

8O Poor pleco. That's disheartening.
        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
        Alexa Rae
        Co-President of CAK
        MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

Should be fine, I usually dose my big tanks with 1 1/2-2 cups every 2-3 months, my last male was close to 4 1/2" before he was traded to Ek.

Comment

I use about a tablespoon per 10 dallons and mine are lookin great and growing fast

Comment

I use a handful per 50 gallons...... sea salt
              'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
              He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Working...
              X