What should I add?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I add?

Hey guys! So I recently obtained a very beautiful 10g planted tank. I finally have it all set up in my new place at school, but now I feel like something should be swimming around enjoying it. Problem is, I have no idea what. I have some beautiful bettas, but I could only put one in and I don't like that. I want something colorful and beautiful, but nothing too big because it is only a 10g (and so are all my other tanks here, so if it got too big, I wouldn't have anywhere to put it).

Are there any ideas? I was thinking maybe some tetras, or some pretty swords or something. I just wanted to see what other people might suggest. I'm in no hurry at all, so take your time.

TIA!

Re: What should I add?

I think cadinals would look nice they swim in schools and have a lot of color they also stay small so you could throw in 10 to 15 and it woukd be ok. The only thing is they are sometimes hard to find and some people will try to sell you neons instead but stick with the cards

Comment

Endlers!! I have a planted tank that I just put a breeding colony of Endlers in and they are just beautiful!! The neon colors swimming around the plants is just breath taking! I got mine from Aquabid.com. Good luck with your choice of fish though!!

Rebekah

Comment

You could add a nice Betta.
        So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

three O-cats
          four emperor tetras
          two platties
          'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
          He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Jughead has some nice livebearers
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

fish gallery has cards and some rummy nose teras that would be kool and also you might like a breeding pair of german blue rams
              altums 90 gallon
              fahaka puffer 68
              community 60 cube

can't find it make it
              can find it make it better

Comment

HAW has them as well....healthier and cheaper
                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
                  HAW has them as well....healthier and cheaper
                  +1....I got 20+ of both and they are the beautiful and some of the healthiest fish I have owned.
                  But that's a characteristic of everything I buy from there.  
                  Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                  Alexa Rae
                  Co-President of CAK
                  MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

I forgot to mention I need hardy fish. Unforunately, College Station has some disgusting water and I've lost some bettas from my trip down here : /

So I'd like something pretty hardy that will be able to live through this nasty water. I was thinking some tetras and cardinals would be a great idea! Anyone else have any suggestions? And what is HAW? (I'm from Dallas)

Comment

Does the Walmart in College Station have a live fish section? If you buy your fish from walmart and end up killing them, they will give you a 90 day guarantee on them and you just bring the dead ones back for live ones no matter what... You could get some cories and neons and guppies...and you wouldn't have to worry about your bad water!  :wink:  :wink:  

Rebekah

Comment

Well, I partly agree with loopy...the water doesn't get much worse than Walmart.  8O
                        Help support (C)atfish (A)nd (K)ool Pleco's; Houston's premier fish club
                        Alexa Rae
                        Co-President of CAK
                        MAY THE GOD OF YOUR CHOICE BLESS YOU.

Comment

LOL! I'll try Petco first and should that not work, I'll head on over to WalMart for their....watered fish. I think I'm going to go with some cories, cardinals (if I can find them around here >.>) and Maybe a beautiful betta of mine (if they stop dying, of course).

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for all the great ideas

Comment

Also, I've been wondering...I've always liked the German Blue Rams, but I've never gotten into the whole cichlid thing (I prefer my peaceful community tanks ^.^), so if I were to get some, how many would I get? Would they pick on cories? Will they eat up my plants?? O.O  If not, I have another 10g tank sitting around waiting to be used and I can make that my GBR tank

Thanks again, I can always count on y'all for excellent advice in the fishkeeping business : )

Comment

Working...
                            X