Have an empty 55, need ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have an empty 55, need ideas

I need ideas on putting this 55 together. I would like to use something other than your everyday aquaruim gravel. Will most likely have cichlids in it, would sand work? If so what kind and where to find it? Would like to keep spending to a min. but want to do something, just not the same thing as my other tanks.

Re: Have an empty 55, need ideas

pool filter sand.  10 dollars for a 50 pound bag.
    I love my Fahaka "Peter" puffer.

Comment

Pool filtered sand from lesleys pool supply. 10 bucks for 50lbs. I mixed it with arogonite sand. What type of cichlids you want?
      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Fill it with water & start the filter.

then go to the HAS auction.  - but try not to buy too much.
        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I am working on my 125,put a 1/2 glass divider about 3" tall with / at the top of divider to keep sand from coming over divider and put bull rock on the other half..half of the bottom is sand and othe half is rock, Im looking for something to cover divider so you cant see it at all. I think it will look ok...

Comment

I like Estes colored aquarium sand. I like to combine 2 or more colors for a marbled effect. Blue/white and white/black make for a stunning effect.
            PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by newb";p="
              Pool filtered sand from lesleys pool supply. 10 bucks for 50lbs. I mixed it with arogonite sand. What type of cichlids you want?
              Newb I have some cichlids already, you bought one from me.  But I want to put a different group in this 55. Only, I want a mix of yellow labs and other cichlids that will house well together but not mix breed. If this is possiable?

Phishphreek  I will be at the auction as well as the meeting Friday but dont know if I can get the filter going before I do. I have a fluval 305 but it leaks around the seal and my husband is looking(slowly) into fixing it.

Comment

are u in the military? per the picture....

Comment

Was  Have two kids and had to get out to take care of them. My unit was headed for Korea and I had nobody to care for the kids for 1 year. That is nobody I would trust to take care of the kids anyway.  I had fun, learned alot and wish I was still active.  Oh, i didnt push papers either, I was a welder!

Comment

2 nephews:
                    Marine in Japan
                    Army due home in 35 days and then????

Comment

Do a male only tank. I have yellow labs white lab electric blue and Livingstonii. Plus my favorite are my plecos! Just bought a gold nugget tonight.
                      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Im a woman cant have an all male tank, I like babies!   My female that is holding in the 75 should be ready anytime. I can see them in her mouth, its so cool!

Comment

Originally posted by newb";p="
                          Do a male only tank.
                          LOL!
                          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by liljack";p="
                            I am working on my 125,put a 1/2 glass divider about 3" tall with / at the top of divider to keep sand from coming over divider and put bull rock on the other half..half of the bottom is sand and othe half is rock, Im looking for something to cover divider so you cant see it at all. I think it will look ok...

use one of the various types of moss to make it into a moss wall...
                            How to Create a Moss Wall. Informations about aquatic moss, aquarium moss, Vesicularia dubyana. Cultivation of Java Moss, Christmas Moss. This site provides all information about the cultivation of the different aquatic moss, aquarium moss, available to all hobbyist in order to create a nature aquarium.

Comment

Working...
                            X