Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool filtered sand

hey gang where can i purchase pool filtered sand,

Im converting my gravel over to sand and hadnt seen any in my lfs.

thx.
    oh that........ thats just my 300 gallon fish tank, nothing fancy.

Re: pool filtered sand

Leslie's Pools
    Raul
    PokerFace

Comment

i prefer leslie's pool supplies pool filter sand, its heavy and wont get picked up  by your filter. but its still very smooth and pretty fine stuff. its $10 for a 50lb bag. Hope this helps
      FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

cool, i will try them tomorrow.

what colors does it come in I prefer the playsand look but of course never play sand, i have dealt with that head ache.

Comment

here is a link to my 125g withm it in it. this is the only color it comes in.

HoustonFishBox is an online community dedicated to bringing together people and their fish in Houston, Southeast Texas, and beyond.
          FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

that looks good, i have an geo in my troph tank. I didnt know they eat the gravel like that. huh now i do.

sand looks good, does it ever settle?

Comment

also how long do you hvae to wash it before you put it in the tank. my tank is already set up.

Comment

this stuff is already completly rinsed, it took me 30 minutes to completly rinse the 120lb in my 125g. crazy it settles immediatly, it is as very heavy grain sand. it does not get stirred up atall. i can swoosh my hand through it like take my hand and swirl it up, and it settles almost immediatly.u will love this stuff. i have sugar sized araonite in  my 75g and i would never by it again after having this stuff.
                FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

cool, i think i found an winner. i think an lighter tank with will bring the colors our more on my blue rainbows.

Comment

my 125g was already filled up when i added my sand, i just dumped it in straight from my 3g bucket, settled right to the bottom. but do rinse it until completly clear just to make sure. also geos are known as eartheaters , they constanly sift the sand in my 125g, btw, i will be selling my earth eaters , i want to do frontosas and other tangs, would u be interested in them, i have many different wild caught and F1's, pm me if your interested. i will also trade for fronts.
                    FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

man to be honest i was trying to get rid of the one i have. I did fronts till my pockets went up side down. I do have two huge F1 mpimbwe for sale, I also have moba of my personal collection. I just had to stop buy fronts man, once you get hooked you really gethook. when you pay 150 for an front and you come home and he is beat up and left for dead by the alpha male your like dang, there goes meal money for the week. That gets old real quick.

Im into trophs now, they have more variety and personality. Colors are sweeter also.

Comment

There's a place on HWY 6 near Westpark called Richard's pool supplies...it's the same pfs as Leslie but in a different bag packaging. I just bought some awhile back for $7 for 50lbs bags. $3 difference might not a big difference if you buy one or two bags but it will add up if you buy 5 or more for many tanks.

Comment

it's the same pfs as Leslie but in a different bag packaging

"PFS" excuse my ignorance but whats PFS ?

Comment

Does the pool filter sand come in different colors?
                            150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                            115G Tanganyikan

Comment

pool filter sand
                              altums 90 gallon
                              fahaka puffer 68
                              community 60 cube

can't find it make it
                              can find it make it better

Comment