level tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• level tank

i just noticed there are part of my house that isn't level well, for now i placed some stuff under one side of the stand to make it level, is that a good idea in the long run? its only a small 10g tank, around 100lb only (i could pick up the tank without much problem) or maybe i should get a 1/2in poly board so the whole tank can set on it... then i can just level the poly board...

It's best to evenly support any tank, although I've never herd of a 10g breaking from poor support.
    The best way to do that is to put something under the stand so that the top of the stand is level. You can use a clear plastic hose filled with water to check that all 4 corners and the middle on big tanks are same height.
    If you have a weak stand that distorts when you lift one corner you will have to find a way to give it more support.
    You don't really need a poly board between the tank and the stand unless the stand is rough and uneaven. the poly will compress at the high points to provide an even support.
    Last edited by PhishPhreek; 01-28-2009, 08:08 AM.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

right now i just have stuff under the stand to make the stand level.. the tank is level as well..

Comment

Working...
      X