Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plague!

Comment

I think the ramshorns are going to be more of a problem. They have eggs EVERYWHERE. One even had eggs attached to it's shell. -.-;; lol The MTS I do not mind. Plus, I'm thinking about starting a freshwater puffer tank maybe/possibly. I'll already have a snail farm! XD

Comment

I'm the complete opposite with preference, but we've both got the same idea... Puffers! I despise MTS with a passion! Every single time I spot one, there's already like 10 of them in there and then it quickly becomes hundreds! Ramshorn and pond snails I can tolerate, but not MTS lmao. Plus ramshorn comes in multiple colors! Taste the rainbow

Comment

I think the Red Ramshorns are more attractive than the MTS, but I think the Malaysian Trumpet Snails may be more useful in a planted tank because of their affinity for burrowing in the substrate keeping it aerated. For me that's more useful than the ramshorns who seem to only mate and lay eggs constantly. XD

Comment

Re: Fluval Spec 2 Journal

Yeah true. That's why I have nerites and assassins. They burrow all the time

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

So how is it going ?

Comment

Well, The program I was using to capture the time-lapse [YAWCAM] corrupted the 300+ photos I had when I went to make a preview time-lapse video to see how it looked. =( So now I think I'm going to set it up for a day to take 1 photo a minute and then make the video. But other than that it's going great. The Betta is doing well and gets along swimmingly with the Painted Shrimp. The Ramshorns are breeding like crazy, there's eggs everywhere lol. I only kept two out of all those Ramshorns you gave me, Alex. Then I gave a few to my buddy Joseph. =)
                Last edited by DaiMasters; 11-13-2012, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Yea I gave u quite a bit and now I have like maybe one or 2 outside in a bucket to see if they last with the mts I got a bunch of mts outside but none in tank when u sett up ur puffer there urs lol

Comment

Lol, by the looks of my 2 gallon I won't be needing those guys! I've got at least a dozen egg sacs that are starting to hatch today of the Ramshorns, and there is like 10 baby MTS that I counted. I'm sure there's more MTS than that.

Comment

Now, without further ado, the Time-Lapse of my Fluval Spec 2. =D I think it's neat. It's also the premier video of my new Youtube Channel that's going to be dedicated to aquatics.

Comment

Re: Fluval Spec 2 Journal

Nice! What camera are you using for the time lapse photos?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

It's a Microsoft Lifecam HD-5001. =)

Comment

So I lost 2 of the three cherries. The first one just vanished. Gone, without a trace and I was confused. Yesterday I lost a second one but I witnessed the act. It wasn't the Betta. It was this Blue Mystery snail I acquired a couple of months ago. I watched the ******* bite a chunk out of the back of the shrimps tail! A big enough wound to maim the shrimp. It proceeded to chow down until the shrimp was gone. I would have never suspected a Mystery Snail to be vicious. o.o

Comment

Working...
                            X