Looking for 2 trios of healthy platties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for 2 trios of healthy platties

For some reason i tend to have more luck with fish from petco over petsmart. Dont think i have ever lost a fish from petco, and lose most of the ones i get from petsmart.

I bought 2 nice fat female blue platies from petco a week ago or so. Think they will be having babies within a week or two

In also think one of the 2 marble mollies is also pregnat(but it is blackl so hard to tell).

Comment

Fish Gallery has some peppermint swords and plume tail platys.....they look healthy.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I am always telling the students they can't do this or that on MY school bus BUT... LOL.

max

Comment

okay... not too bad... I lost one neon and the male platy.  Heading pack to petco for the return in a bit....  The rest of the fish are swimming happily.  No one spiraling or swimming upright lmao.  Hmm.. would the trip be one of those "what happens on the bus STAYS on the bus" ?  :P
          5.5 fw fluval chi - class N top bar snake chested endlers/ red marble bn/ 4 stripe RCS/ pumpkin shrimp
          20 sw cube - a few damsels and a colony of bristleworms
          29 fw - self cloning crayfish..which can't seem to clone haha
          29 fw - mollies / albino bristlenose / ghost shrimp and snowball shrimp/ glo danios
          29 fw - crs/ amano/tiger shrimp /assassins/ whiptails/ plants/ 3 emerald cories
          55 fw - steatocranus casaurius (20ish)/ tetras/ rainbows/large Jack Dempsey
          75 fw - large Jack Dempseys / pictus cat/ yoyo loach/ Red gippicep
          / 10+" oscar/ parrot

Comment

No, I don't allow that on the school bus. I videotape everything that goes on in the bus. We might do that somewhere else but I would tell everybody.

max

Comment

I got a pair of Green Wagtail Platys at Fish ranch a while ago, and they are still looking good after a few tank transfers.
              They still have some of the same batch last time I was there, they must be healthy to last a month.
              Working for a better Future for my Fish!

Sailfin Mollies, Plecos, Corys,, 1 lonely Jewel Cichlid

Comment

Well I can't say for every trio you get from Fish Ranch, but a bought a couple pairs from there back in May and only one died from the "funky" green coral pair- thus both survived from the sunset pair- and just a couple weeks ago when I decided I wanted to change the look of my tank (which by this weekend I'll post pics- oh let's just say I decided to go REALLY cheesy) I found the platies had a good # of fry!  

I have no idea who bred with who and what colors I will see- but I have somewhere beteween 10-15 fry in my tank- all real small still- so if anyone knows how long it takes to get to maturity- I may have some up for trade. (working on my glowfish to breed now too)

But basically I can say those at Fish Ranch surivived and bred for me!  8)

Comment

I split this into another topic on GloFish, you can find it in the General FW Fish Discussion Forum.  :)
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I found some really interesting platys yesterday at petsmart on 1960/249

They had

red wag
                    green
                    plumetail
                    split bar......blacklines on top and bottom of tail which made it look like two swords
                    mickey mouse.
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have some platties and swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Somefishguy";p="
                        For some reason i tend to have more luck with fish from petco over petsmart. Dont think i have ever lost a fish from petco, and lose most of the ones i get from petsmart.
                        Thats odd, I don't think i've ever had a fish from petco survive.

Comment

I got some of guppymax's red wags a couple of auctions ago.  I have plenty of them as they've had fry more than once.  

I have some others too.  Both are red, one variety has black tails.  All are quite healthy.  

Let me know if you're interested in them.  I'll be at the GHAC meeting tomorrow evening and can bring them if that works out for you.
                          The ultimate oxymoron - Narcolepsy and ADHD.
                          Who says you can`t have it all??!!

Comment

Working...
                          X