then and now...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: then and now...........

Since you co2 going now if and when the HC takes off your more than welcome to some to replace the ET. I have a 1x1 spread out now along with another 2x2 coming so ill update when I get it all planted.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Wow, thanks, that would be great!! Let me know.  :)
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

some pictures of a tiger lotus just added and you can see some of the hc plugged into the substrate.

700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's some great color in the tiger lotus you have there!! 8)

Comment

i too like the lotus, been thinking of one of the ground cover plants to put in my next planted (another 29) but since i wont have pw compacts on it i dont think it will do well. gonna be more of a low light tank (want lots of java) anyway i have one ground plant that i dont know what it is, i got it from TIm and he didnt know what it was either. it lays flat with leaves about an inch long kinda like a palm frond but flat and near perfect circle. grows really really slow.
            Never fear I is here
            David Abeles
            Vice President
            Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

got a picture of that plant tiapan?

the lotus i got from a place that was running low/mid light over the tank but i dont know how long it was in there like that. i think with lower levels of light the lotus will shoot its leaves up higher and vice versa.
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Ek,

How do you vacuum the tank with all those plants? I did a vacuuming the other evening and uprooted 30% of mine. The nozzle on the python is sooo big.

Daisy

Comment

when i vacuum i dont go into the substrate. i remove the whole big tube from the hose and use just the hose and walk it over everything and also have the valve closed halfway.

if there is a lot of debris i just shake it off into the water column and siphon it.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thanks! I would have never thought to take the nozzle off!

Comment

Originally posted by daisymac";p="
                      Thanks! I would have never thought to take the nozzle off!
                      A little  :bsofftopic:  but another hint for you.  You can also go to a hardware store and buy a piece of PVC and a connector in place of the python tube as well.
                      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

Working...
                      X