New Tank/Plant Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Tank/Plant Question

shop light will work but for higher light demanding plants i would go with the ahsupply kits cause the reflectors are much better so the smaller lights become equivalent to the bigger shop lights as far as efficiency.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

it also depends on how deep a tank is. ou really typically need brighter light to reach deeper in a tank but a tank 12 to 18 inches deep doesnt really need any more then shop lights (and they like really cheap) plus they use a little less power. 32 watts a bulb on mine but they are 6500 K so great plant bulbs.
      Never fear I is here
      David Abeles
      Vice President
      Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

It also depends on your water clarity.  There was a guy on APC once that put a light meter on the bottom of his tank, and measured the amt. of light reaching the bottom as he progressively did water changes.  Even slight coloration differences in the water can have a large impact on the light striking the bottom, whereas clear water had practically no difference from the surface.

So, having said that, you only really need high light on a tall tank if you have a water clarity problem.

Teeleton

Comment

Working...
        X