No announcement yet.

Kittys 20G Lowtech/budget/light tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh. That CT fem betta looks awesome! :)

Comment

Originally posted by emmanuelchavez View Post
      Ooh. That CT fem betta looks awesome! :)
      Lol thanks! I got her from the Petco in Baytown. They tend to have a really awesome selection when it comes to local Bettas. You should see my CT male. OMG! He flares up when u just walk up to his 5G hex LOL. He looks about as good as some of the 20$+ ones I've seen from Thailand. I cant get a good pic of him to do him justice as hes dark blue-black, red, and when the camera hits him, turqouis. The female is gettin bigger every day and her pics dont do her color justice either. Her fins get more crown-like every week but her color is solid white body with cambodian-like fins. (Red,pink,white) If you're ever in Baytown check out our Petco, I have been really shocked with thier selections! LOL!

/end wall-o-text )
      40G Breeder (47G) Planted Topless Tank

Comment

I find it weird that the petcos/petsmarts INSIDE large cities generally suck and the ones OUTSIDE or in smaller cities seem to be much more well maintained and have a better selection.
        ADA mini-m planted
        ADA mini-m riparium
        ADA 30-C nano reef
        ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
        ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
        Eheim 90cm SA biotope
        110g Peacocks

Comment

looks good with the new rocks
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank
          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

I just downgraded this tank to a 10G to make "cord room" for the new saltwater tank. I might have 2-3 cory cats lookin for homes soon, Im not sure yet.

Comment

Ok I never thought Id say it, but I think I actually LIKE this tank as a 10G rather than a 20G. It was SO EASY to scape LOL!!!! I think my shrimp like it better too...for some reason they are very active now. A good active, not a bad active. ^_^

Here it is 98% scaped:

The Windelov Java was blown out of place and I had to reposition it in the back. Once the tank got crystal clear, I cut back the flow of the AC30 thats on it. heh heh

Comment

Cool! The crypts are looking happy. :)

Guess you're back to the 70's style background, eh?
                "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                  Cool! The crypts are looking happy. :)

Guess you're back to the 70's style background, eh?
                  LOL yea! I went ahead and kept the back off of this tank. Since it is so small and alot of shrimp get sucked up the filter, I can now see them to set them free!

I made sure to paint the back of the SW tank black though!

Comment

Just add an aquaclear sponge or similar item to the intank of the filter. Will stop the shrimps from getting sucked up.

Comment

Forgot to post, but I lost 1 spotted cory last week :< everything else looks fine, no signs of stress or disease. Weird

Comment

Quick Update: I have 4 berried females.......seems everything in this tank has improved 100&#37; from using distilled water. Plants are greener, shrimps are redder and it seems they all got knocked up at the same time LOL!

Comment

Wait, you're using distilled water now, or you were and now you're not?

What happened to all the pictures? :( Wish I could still see them!
                          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

All the pics say "Moved or deleted".

Mark
                            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

yea i moved em all in photobucket. i didnt realize that /facepalm. heres a link to the entire photoalbum for the fw tank:

yea i never used distilled cause i didnt care that much really.but with the SW tank i figured meh whatthe hell LOL and im glad i did. I dont have to dose ferts or anything. everything seems to have exploded with life including the snails. (which i wanted them to)

Comment

Working...
                              X