pH Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pH Controller

If any of you are using one of these with your CO2 systems, can you post up a link to the one you're using? I was just reading jeebus's thread about his planted discus tank and it got me nervous enough to want to invest in a few of these. I'm just not sure how they work, and which ones are good.

Thanks!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

There are several manufacturers of co2 controllers, MB. The way they work, you plug the co2 solenoid into the controller, the contoller probe goes in the tank and the controller plugs into the wall outlet for powering the contoller and solenoid. You set the ph set point(s) and the controller turns the co2 on and off via the solenoid to keep the ph at or around the set point. There are varying degrees of accuracy among the different brands of controllers. Some come with a ph calibration solution so that you can calibrate the controller periodically. Like everything else, the cheapest controller is not going to be the best. I didn't use a controller, I put my solenoid on a timer like the lights and turned the co2 off at night.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
    X