Rocks for planted tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocks for planted tank

i wonder what kind of rocks should i put in my 20 gal Long planted tank ?
    Ohko Stone, Ryuoh Stone, Seiryu Stone ?
    Which one of these doesn't affect the water ?
    Where can i find these Stones in Houston ? Plz let me know the price also if possible. Ty : D

I have heard if you put vinegar on a rock and do not see it bubbling it should be safe. I prefer however the method of placing the rock in question in a bucket of water and testing the water for a couple of weeks to make sure it is not changing the PH etc. I am not sure about the types of rocks you are asking about but I am sure someone else on here will.
    "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

Originally posted by batman88 View Post
      i wonder what kind of rocks should i put in my 20 gal Long planted tank ?
      Ohko Stone, Ryuoh Stone, Seiryu Stone ?
      Which one of these doesn't affect the water ?
      Where can i find these Stones in Houston ? Plz let me know the price also if possible. Ty : D
      Petrified wood bro!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

yeah ... i have some petrified woods ... but i dont like them so much lol ...
        if u guys know where in Houston i can find something like this then let me know

ty

Comment

Granite or Mexican beach rock at a landscaping yard won't affect water chemistry... or shouldn't. Even if you put limestone in the tank, weekly water changes will keep the ph and hardness stable as the water must get acidic to dissolve the limestone.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
          X