PLants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLants

I am starting a 10g planted aquarium and a 55g planted aquarium and was woundering what are some good plants that will make my fish tank look nice?
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

There's all kinds of good plants that make an aquarium look nice
    In my opinion any healthy LIVE plant looks better then any plastic one
    BUT depending on your set up(lights,substrate,water specs,Co2 or not) only so much can be achieved there by only certain types will work
    So maybe try a few low tech plants first other wise some like HC and rotala macrandra which need high light will not make it.

Good luck with your tanks

Comment

Well,I went to the HAS auction and bought Java fern,water sprite, and Najas grass. My aquarium looks so nice now!The java fern was so hard to get! Everyone was bidding so much!lol
      10g Community Planted Aquarium
      10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
      55g Saltwater Aquarium-
      20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
      20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
      YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

Your lighting will play a major role in determining what plants you can grow well. But you also have to keep in mind that more light = hungrier plants (a need for more nutrition). Substrate can also be a key player if you have a soil substrate vs. an inert one.

Can you go into more detail about the tanks you are setting up? (Lighting (how many watts and what kind), substrate, fertilizers, depending on fish waste to fertilize plants, tight budget or big pockets? ).

I might have some plants after my next set up that you can experiment with. I'll contact you later. In the meantime, read through these helpful articles... http://www.aquatic-plants.org/articles.html
        Last edited by davemonkey; 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM.
        Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
        Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

im so mad i could not make it to the auction.... i think the Najas grass was a good choice. there is a sale on fertilizers at petsmart four bucks for Seachem Flourish Plant Supplements

Comment

Working...
          X