Kitty's 40G Breeder Low Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty's 40G Breeder Low Tech

I decided to upgrade my 20G Long to a 40G Breeder once I discovered that I reallllly like South American and Native Fish swimming amongst my jungle of a 20G.

IMG_1084 copy.jpg

Stats:
    Setup: 3-16-2011
    Lighting: Aquaticlife T5-HO Dual Bulb Linkable Fixture
    Substrate: 30# of Flourite Black
    Heating: Fluval F150
    Filtration: Fluval 205
    Circulation: Koriala Nano
    CO2: Not at this Time
    Ferts: Will Start Soon.

Fish: Neon Tetras, Red/Blue Columbian, Von Rios, Bluefin Killifish, Swamp Darters, Zebra Danio*, Golden Wonder Killifish*, AB Bristlenose Pleco, LFAB Bristlenose Pleco, Mystery Snails. *=NON South American Fish

Plants: Java Ferns (Norm. and Windelov.), Wendtii, Bacopa, Xmas Tree Moss, Java Moss, Subwassertang, Rotala, Anacharis, Hornwort, Anubias Nana, 4 Leaf Clover, Micro Sword(?)
    40G Breeder (47G) Planted Topless Tank

What happened to your 20 gallon?

Comment

Very nice. Do you have any plans for foreground cover?
      Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
      Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Oh I Kept the 20 running, just as a shrimp breeding tank with a crap ton of moss and such LOL

edit: I was thinking of just keeping crypts as the foreground, not sure yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittysnax View Post
          I was thinking of just keeping crypts as the foreground, not sure yet though.
          Most crypts make better background plants than foreground plants.
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I know. im just not sure what I am going to do with it right now. My main goal was to get it running and I accomplished that...now I just need to find another job and then I can get back to work on this....I really hate the wood I have in it right now, as Id really like to have a stump that could fit in this tank. Id also like to hook up CO2 as well. Time and money are my main factors now :<

Comment

Working...
            X