Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High light reds.

Looking for high light reds.
    Polygonum(any species)? Nesaea sp. red? Ammannia Gracilis? Limnophila aromatica?
    I wanna learn and try more red/purple/pink plants.

As in you'd like to buy some, or are just wanting info?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

info before the buy.
      Experiences would be great.
      I'm looking at aquabid and planted tank forums for buying and i want them all!!!
      Just want to see what red plants the members have and which ones they like the most. :)

Comment

I've had limnophila aromatica. It smells a bit like mint when you take it out of the water. It has the same issues as many of the other "stalky" plants, that it gets bare on the bottom. Proper trimming solves most of those issues.
        75 planted (Being Renovated)
        Endlers
        gobies
        lots of nanos

Comment

I have:

Ludwigia arcuata
          Ludwigia repen
          R. rotundifolia.

Comment

I really like the look of limnophila aromatica! I'm trying to slowly get together a nice plant list so I can scape my 29 gallon and the reds in some tanks are gorgeous! I really like nesaea and polygonum and limnophila! I might just get them all and try random things out with them.
            Any other cool looking reds?

Comment

The reddest plant I've ever had was a Red Tiger Lotus. It only requires moderate lighting and stays a deep, deep red. If you keep the leaves from getting too high (trim off the ones that get taller than you like) it will keep a nice bushy appearance. I've tried different Rotalas and Polygonums and they are pretty easy to keep...but you have to keep them trimmed properly so light will reach all around.
              Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
              Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

I have been on and off with the lotus. As in i don't know what my experiences would be with a bulb plant buy would love to have it as my main centerpiece in my 29.
                As for the reds i think i'm gonna try the nesaea and some type of polygonum.
                I've read that some species of poly grow more vertical, straight than another. Anyone know which ones are more straighter?
                Would a random growing poly be cool looking in your opinion?

Thanks for all the feedback guys!!!!! :)

Comment

Working...
                X