My LED experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LED experiment

My shrimp tank was drastically under-planted, so I decided to change that up a bit. I've decided to experiment a little with ecoxotic's stunner strips. As I outlined in my shrimp tank build, I gutted a T5 fixture and put in 4 stunner strips in their place. So as of now, I have 28 watts of LED lighting on my 20 gallon long. The substrate is pretty deep, so there is probably only 12-16 inches between the lights and the substrate. I'm using eco-complete substrate, with some extra laterite for some iron. I'll be using brightwell's formula for excell, and other supplements if it calls for it.

Some plants I'm expecting to live and thrive, like the sagittaria and lotus. Others I'm not really sure, like the Vesuvius Sword and Micro Sword. The Dwarf Baby Tears I'm not expecting to do all that well, but I am trying it out. If it lives... horay!

75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

What kind of shrimp do you have in there?

Comment

What kind/color of stunner strips are you using?

Please keep us updated on this, as I'm very interested in how well they grow plants! :)
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Sulawesi cardinals. Other livestock includes an orangehead oto, 10 Bororas micros, and 2 Indostomus paradoxis (toothpick fish).

I'm using 4 of the "50/50" strips. It's more like all while with a touch of blue. I would like to put a white/pink stunner on them, but houston distributors don't have them available yet. I want to see them before I make the purchase.
        75 planted (Being Renovated)
        Endlers
        gobies
        lots of nanos

Comment

What is your water parameter? Are you using tap or RO water?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea-agg09 View Post
            I would like to put a white/pink stunner on them, but houston distributors don't have them available yet. I want to see them before I make the purchase.
            I've got some 8000K stunners it you want to experiment with them.
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I really like the look...very nice scape IMO. Please keep us posted on the progress. I'm interested to see how well the bottom cover does.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

nice look!!

what plant is that in pic 6? i was looking for something like that in my shrimp tank.. i took the plunge like into shrimp with some cherry reds last week! its very basic.. but your plants is exactly what i am looking for..

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
                N.A.D.A Facebook
                Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Warlock View Post
                  what plant is that in pic 6? .
                  Micro swords I think.
                  Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                  Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                  Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                  Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

thanks arm.. i will look for a few on aquabid :)

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
                    N.A.D.A Facebook
                    Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

Im running 12 strips on a 10 gallon and growth is amazing!!!!!
                      ADA mini-m planted
                      ADA mini-m riparium
                      ADA 30-C nano reef
                      ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                      ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                      Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                      110g Peacocks

Comment

Working...
                      X