5G "Crypt Cove" Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5G "Crypt Cove" Journal

I had some Arcuata but that stuff needs to be blasted with light in order to be red....the macranda looks horrible under low light/low N....I would probably go with something like R.Colorata since your tank is a bit small...

I brought some E.Tenellus to work one day thinking you were gonna swing by but never heard from you...that stuff in the foreground is nice!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

no i am serious about AGA, yours in my opinion looks better than some entries i have seen,

i was actually talking about the front left corner
      65 gallon - ADA 120p - planted
      55 gallon - AGA standard - mix cichlid
      30 gallon tall - eclipse acrylic - semi-planted

live and let live

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa";p="
        I had some Arcuata but that stuff needs to be blasted with light in order to be red....the macranda looks horrible under low light/low N....I would probably go with something like R.Colorata since your tank is a bit small...

I brought some E.Tenellus to work one day thinking you were gonna swing by but never heard from you...that stuff in the foreground is nice!
        Hey Q thanks for the tips man. I thought you would be going out of the town the saturday NASH meet was scheduled. So i did not bother you. Sorry for that bro.
        Checkout my blog AquaMusing
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by finfan";p="
          no i am serious about AGA, yours in my opinion looks better than some entries i have seen,

i was actually talking about the front left corner
          I think i will wait about 20 more day and see how it fills in before the deadline. Lets see i will have to think about that part.
          sigpic

Comment

Q, BTW i am still looking for some E.tenellus to fill in my 20G. :wink:
            sigpic

Comment

i really like this tank. an option for the front if you are looking for a little break in the forground, I would suggest crypt Parva, it stays soo small,(not sure how it would take to the sand, but crypts are so adaptable) and grows slowly, but with that much light on a 5 it probably will grow flat. i dont see it very often, Tim had some and i have very little cus i got one from him and it doesnt grow fast at all. anywhoo i thout it would be a cool little guy right up front and goes with the "theme".
              Never fear I is here
              David Abeles
              Vice President
              Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Thanks Tiapan. Thats a nice suggestion . I have a lot of crypt parva in my 20H which has 65W of CF over it and still it grows painfully slow. I doubt  it will grow well in the shade as its one of those crypts that needs a lot of light. I am thinking of adding some riccia or Xmas moss tied to a small stone just the soften the layout a bit.
                sigpic

Comment

I actually brought it to work like thursday or something....there was a pm saying you would swing by so I brought it with me...
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Sorry about that man.I think we had a misunderstanding, but thanks again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice tank! That's motivation to set up one at my office now

Comment

Originally posted by J-WS6";p="
                        Nice tank! That's motivation to set up one at my office now
                        Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!! I have been tinkering with that idea for a while now. :bsty:
                        sigpic

Comment

I've got a blank space in my office, a little over 17" and I looked to see what would fit best there. With a 5.5 gallon and some 2x4's I may be in business!  

Comment

Hnnnnnnn..... You could fit the desktop tank from Petco which i think has dimensions of 16x8x6 and is about 6 G. Don't do the mistake of buying an Odyssey Cube. Mine starts leaking from the rim.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the plan is to get an AGA 5.5 Gallon and just build my own stand. Something with low maintenance but pleasing to the eye

Comment

hmmm i like little eclipse setups, unless you doing crazy plants they do really well. especially say a 5 gallon with a screw in PC light. 2 watts per gallon with a shallow tank and my stuff grows just fine.
                                Never fear I is here
                                David Abeles
                                Vice President
                                Greater Houston Aquarium Club

Comment

Working...
                                X