differences in bubble counters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• differences in bubble counters

so I replaced my DIY CO2 bubble counter today with a glass one and well I was expecting the same bubble to keep the same flow to the diffuser but well I guess bubble counters are only used as a reference, it seems glass ones will output a finer bubble than an bubble counter like the one I had with the syringe and check valve.

so even that i have a higher rate of bps with the glass one it is not the same output of CO2 so I have to adjust again to my tank, that is good i have a drop checker, but still something new I learn today.

I found this forum reference:

Just something to reference to.

You should be checking it with a drop checker.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

yep that is what I am doing and of-course also checking PH everynow and then, but definetly the glass bubble counter looks nicer :)

Comment

Now get the up aqua, ADA, GLA glass drop checker
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

not yet, i am tempted but not yet, I am using the fluval one for now which it is not as nice as the GLA or ADA, but those the work.

Comment

That's why I like using a pH meter. Bubble counters are okay, but they are very rough measurements. With a pH meter, you know how much CO2 is in the tank regardless of the bubbles.
            Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
            • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
            • 29g Planted - Journal
            • 29g Planted
            • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Working...
            X