No announcement yet.

Marineland Aquatic Plant LED lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marineland Aquatic Plant LED lighting.

Howdy,
    I just noticed this on the Marineland site.

They give various specs for the system on one of the tabs there including par and lux values, the wattage of the LEDs, color temperature of some of the LEDs the wavelength for others etc. I know a little about lights but not enough to know how one of those systems would compare to say a twin tube HO T-5 30” fixture the one in particular I’m looking at is this one…

420143 Light 30" T5 HO 2 Lamp Linkable (Freshwater) (1) 24" 24W T5 HO 6K Lamp (1) 24" 24W T5 HO 650nm Lamp
    I realize it’s somewhat an apples to oranges comparison. Trying to get a feel if they are in the same ballpark. The thought of never having to replace tubes appeals to me. They aren’t on the market yet, so there are no reviews available for how they actually work in real life—so, I need someone who can interpret the listed specs for me. Thanks in advance.

While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

interesting...

Gonna be over priced though
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I just wanted to add that all of the current marineland LEds are trash, so my hopes for this one wouldn't be too bright.

Comment

That was a great thread. Thank you.
        While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

i wonder if we can expect the planted version to be more like the reef fixture than the single / doublebrights? The PAR values being advertised might suggest so. that would be nice since all the inexpensive ML LEDs are junk. Great link linh, i am disappointed in the TMC fixtures there. I was really considering the GroBeam strips but they seem to have very poor penetration for larger tanks. I wish the ecoxotic panoramas were still readily available, they looked good for nanos.
          75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
          28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
          12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
          29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
          45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
          33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Working...
          X