Flourish dosing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flourish dosing question

The bottle says 1 cap full for 60g. My tank is a 5g. Anyone know how much is appropriate for a 5g? Thanks in advance for the help :)
    Karen

Couple of drops, I think they measure the cap as 5ml
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

The cap is 5ml. Each thread is 1ml. For a 5gal I dose 10 drops (0.5ml) of Excel. You can actually bump it up, but it's not recommended if you have fish or shrimp unless you gradually acclimate them to it.

Comment

I got a measuring dropper at the pharmacy (ask for one in mL), so I can dose the lil tanks accurately.
        "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

I got an eye dropper. Just as accurate if you hold the dropper vertically and count the drops. 1ml for a 5gal is a tad bit much to start with. 1ml per 10gal is the recommended dosage.

Comment

Keep in mind that actual water volume will be less than what the tank's capacity.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Flourish dosing question

I dose a cap I my 8G. Just started with half a cap ever 3-4 days and increase to to a cap every other day. Got tetras, Amano shrimp and a ram.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Re: Flourish dosing question

I have a 5 gal. I started with about 5 drops at first and gradually stepped it up to about a cap at one point. Started to get lazy so I gotta start the dosage over. Livestock is in signature.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

This just means you should get a bigger tank.

Comment

Re: Flourish dosing question

Originally posted by bluemonkey View Post
                    This just means you should get a bigger tank.
                    Been there, done that :-) Started with a 135g salt and then 90g fresh. Had some construction on the house so the tank came down and now have the 5g and a betta bowl.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
                    Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X